yes - for certain
36%
will try, but can't promise
64%

Total votes: 14

wabi

Rendezvous

Post by wabi »

I was unable to attend the club meeting tonight because of the death of my sister, but I did talk to a few other club members about the possibility of hosting the Excalibur rendezvous.
Bottom line is it would be possible, if they can be promised a good enough attendance to pay the expenses.
Time is running out, so I will give this post a few days to allow a response from members, then if it looks like we have enough interest I will try to call a special meeting of the club to get an answer.
Our club is located in southern Ohio, about an hour's drive from Cincinnati and two hours from Columbus or 4-5 hours from Cleveland. There is primitive camping available on the grounds, and a few small motels within 10 miles of the grounds.
I will run the attendance question as a poll. Please answer yes only if you do plan to attend! The event will be three days in late August. Perhaps August 19-20-21 (Fri-Sun) I suggested a $25 registration fee, and $10 per round to shoot the course. Perhaps Friday with the course set up for practice (no shooting fee), with Saturday and Sunday for the "official" scoring rounds. ACF rules would be used for the shoot.
For anyone wanting to look up the location using mapquest use 900 Campbell Rd., West Union, OH 45693 as an address. Our club is at the end of that road.
Whyitsmike

My condolences

Post by Whyitsmike »

I'm sorry to hear about your sister Wabi, real sorry.

Mike
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Would be there....
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

:D I will Be there. it's a 13 hour drive from here GREYWOLF
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Not to good yet fellows, so far thats only 7 possible's....Let's go.... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Big John

Rendezvous

Post by Big John »

Wabi:

I am trying to arrange everything still. Have to co-ordinate with the wife and kids, and I'm scheduled for Black Bear, Bait 1 wk., Hunt 1 wk.
From Aug. 19 til Sept. 4. So I'm trying to re-organize, please bare with me. I most enjoy these outings and rarely miss a good adventure.
This one may be hard to pull off.
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
wabi

Post by wabi »

I'm back online now and would like to thank everyone for the prayers, thoughts, and good wishes for me and my family during the past few days. My sister's funeral was yesterday and even thought she will always be missed, we've done everything humanly possible to send her on her way with dignity and respect and her spirit is in Creator's hands now, so it's time to move on and deal with all the worldly matters we all face daily now.
As an Off Topic side note I would like to add that although her death was ruled "natural causes" by the coroner, it was a direct result of years of alcohol abuse. She was a good person, but had the disease of alcoholism finally accumulated enough physical damage to kill her. We (the family) wasn't surprised at the cause of death, it's just that the time was a shock. She died as a direct result of gastrointestinal bleeding. If I sound like I'm preaching, I am :wink: As a recovered alcoholic, I know it IS possible to overcome this deadly disease but all too many people deny having it, and die as a result. She's the second one in my family to die as a direct result of alcohol abuse in the past few years, and I just wish more people could be saved from a similar death. Sure, not everyone who drinks is an alcoholic and I have no problem with people drinking, but a few of us just can't do it. Hope the sermon doesn't offend anyone, but I just had to say it :wink:

NOW - let's see if we can get enough interest and participation an the Excalibur Rendezvous
I am guessing the club will want to see 25 or 30 firm commitments to attend before they will give the go-ahead to hold the event. I sure would like to see this event come about, so please give it some thought. If you think you can possibly make it, and plan to really try, give it a "yes I can" vote.
wabi
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

wabi,

I know how difficult that must have been for you to share your family's story. But if it makes one person stop and think about a self destructive behavior it was worth it.

I know first hand the problems of alcoholism in a family. It is not pretty in the fact that people do not recognize they have a problem and no amount of coaxing and begging will get them to seek help until it is sometimes too late.

Thank you.

Hopefully I can make the shoot..
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

:D I have the rendezvous design done , so if we get enough people to make it happen they will go to print GREYWOLF
[img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/ ... 1OHIO2.jpg[/img][/img]
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
bj

Post by bj »

...this will never happen with these numbers !...what happened to all of the interest :shock: ...this is probably the second attempt to do this meeting or rendezvous up in professional manner and there always seems to be a lot of "huge talk" about it.....but when it comes down to the commitment part it's just not there :cry: ...there are a group of individuals that have busted their butts trying to put this whole thing together...there's been discussions on camp grounds, meeting places, shoot locations, an extensive amount of work done on a rules' booklet, t-shirts and crests, and the list goes on...all of this has taken commitment to pull this all off...it might seem like i'm a little *&^^%$ over all of this and i am (but who the hell am i anyhow?)...i think these folks deserve more than a discussion forum when times and things are slow...as i mentioned, these numbers are never going to make this all happen, so the commitent is needed...if all we're only ever going to do is "lip service" for this type of endeavor, then let's not ever again put it on the table for discussion...it's not fair to the ones who are trying to put this together for "you"...sorry, but that's the way i feel....

Wayne...
wabi

Post by wabi »

..this will never happen with these numbers !...what happened to all of the interest
Sorry to say it, but bj's right again! With only 5 members attending for sure, I'm certain my club would say no to holding the shoot. I'll wait a couple more days, but at this rate it just isn't going to happen this year :(
wabi
ch312

Post by ch312 »

theres 1173 members on this forum. im assuming half of them are "lurkers" with another 25% of them registering just to ask 1 question then leaving. admins should delete those who are inactive for 6 months IMHO....

i see the same small group of guys posting here so the chances of a shoot is low the way i see it.

if it were like huntontario or OFN forums where its all guys in the same province than it would be succesful for sure. lake simcoe has a small forum that doesnt have "tons" of members but last winters meet wtill had over 100 people.

i think it would be too hard to get enough people on this forum to meet for a shoot because we are from all over. greywolf mentioned its a 13 hour drive. sorry to say but i wouldnt ever drive that far for a shoot unless i were retired and had that much spare time even though id like to go.

id love to go. but, had to sell my car and im being forced out of the house so i cant buy another one. the exomax is my last toy for the next few years because i need to buy a house this year. growing up sucks :cry:

so, if i had a ride or a car id be there for sure but the chances of either is very slim so i hope you all the best at getting this thing going!
Herbinator

Post by Herbinator »

I think the members are too spread out. It might be better to do regional get togethers. Maybe just simple weekend shoots/camping trips to start. It would be great to have everyone in the same place, but I think it might be asking too much.... :cry:
ALINALBERTA

Post by ALINALBERTA »

I would really like to go to something like this as well, but it is out of the question for me due to distance and time. Having it out here would be worse,obviously because most forum members are on the easterly side of our land mass :lol: .
I drove out to Niagara Falls last summer with my family pulling a holiday trailer and it takes some time to cross the country. (and I know there is a lot more east and west of where we went). Definately no regrets on our trip,but time and circumstances have to be just right to make it work!

Al.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Ayep thats the problem I am having....Not enough shows to really get somethings going and I also had a insurance problem with my club being a un-sponsered shoot as meaning not listed in the shoots for this year, of which we have been trying to work around.

I think we need to start now for one next year. Take shooting fees and put aside the monies, then if it did not come off refund any fee's sent for the event.

If you all thing this is a good idea then we can go with it and schedule a 3 day event for next year and have the needed time to get it set up, and enough time in advance for all that could attend to schedule things.

I think this would be the way too go..just my .05 cents worth..but you can see for this year just not enough members can state that they can make it.

Sorry I could not pull this one off, the bull throwed me fer a fling :shock: .... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!