phoenix
38%
exocet 200
63%

Total votes: 16

ch312

do i REALLY need an exomax?

Post by ch312 »

theres what a $60-$80 difference between the exocet 200 and exomax. is the max worth the xtra 25lb draw, 1 inch stroke and 20 fps?

over $900 seems a bit much for a bow and acessories when i can get the exocet for just over $800 with the same acessories...

what is the most popular of the newer excaliburs?
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Phoenix.... :D

However the Exocet @ 200LBS makes for a great xbow too.... :D

But I like the Phoenix for a all around xbow, quite, fast and smooth.... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
ch312

Post by ch312 »

ah crap....i just noticed that exomax isnt an option for the poll. could an admin please add "exomax" for me.

thanks
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

:D I like the MAX, plenty of power , very fast & flat shooting but a little hard to load GREYWOLF
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
TYE

Post by TYE »

I like my Pheonix. :)
Fur & Feathers

Post by Fur & Feathers »

The Phoenix is a perfect crossbow for me. I haven't tried the others so I can't compare. I'm pleased with my choice.
Get out & Enjoy.
Big John

Which Bow

Post by Big John »

Ch312:

I always go for the bigger toys. Bigger guns, big recoil, Bigger XBows, I
like big. But I am a large person, and I believe you should get whatever
fits you best and handles best for you. Any of the Excalibur bows will kill whatever you are hunting at 35yds. or less.

John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

ch12 I have the Exomax 225, Exomag 185 &200, Exocet 165 & 200, Phoenix 175, and had a Vixen 150.... :D

The Exomax is a fine xbow, However ya need too be big and strong or use a cranking device such as the crankaroo by Excalibur or the Accudraw by TenPoint or it will wear ya out.

Also the extra power is a little rough on the strings and most I say most and I have one the trigger is harder too pull smooth due to the extra poundage.

However as has been stated go with the one that suits your needs best. The two best all around of the Newer Models is the Phoenix or the Exocet 200.... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
ch312

Post by ch312 »

im 6'1 and can load a 175lb bow without any cocking aid so i should be able to cock the max with the cocking device.

what kind of string wear should i expect? how bad is the trigger?

i wouldnt be shooting the bow often. just to zero it and practice some when i get it and then maybe 5 shots a month to make sure its still zero'd.

but realisticly it would be shot 50 times a year....probably less.

how long do strings last? is there any way to improve the trigger? im experienced with gun triggers but have no idea what to expect with a crossbow trigger.
Big John

Which Bow

Post by Big John »

ch312:

Your still a little guy. But more than big enough to handle the Exmax.
With the amount of shooting you will be doing I wouldn't worry to much about pre-mature string wear.
Better to use a rope cocking aid still, why use back to much when you
don't have to. :)

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

ch312, the trigger issue is by no doubt my issue as with the 225 lbs of pull it sure makes my trigger hard to pull smooth..where with all my other Excal's including my 200lb model the trigger is really smooth.

Try it ya might like it.... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
ch312

Post by ch312 »

id like to try it before buyin git but ill be getting it shipped here. i havent even held an exomax before.

how bout this...how is the trigger compared to an older vixen or exocet?
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

GaryL wrote:ch312, the trigger issue is by no doubt my issue as with the 225 lbs of pull it sure makes my trigger hard to pull smooth..where with all my other Excal's including my 200lb model the trigger is really smooth.
Having only experience with the ExoMax, I've found the trigger quite nice. I don't notice having any difficulties at all...
In addition to that, I'm not a big or muscular guy by any means, and I have no troubles cocking the Max (with the rope...) It's all in the technique, one smooth motion til you hear the "Click"!
-Hawkeye
"No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were inconvenienced"
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Hawkeye wrote:
GaryL wrote:ch312, the trigger issue is by no doubt my issue as with the 225 lbs of pull it sure makes my trigger hard to pull smooth..where with all my other Excal's including my 200lb model the trigger is really smooth.
Having only experience with the ExoMax, I've found the trigger quite nice. I don't notice having any difficulties at all...
In addition to that, I'm not a big or muscular guy by any means, and I have no troubles cocking the Max (with the rope...) It's all in the technique, one smooth motion til you hear the "Click"!
I am 5' 8" tall, 148lbs, and of what I would state normal strength for age and can in no way cock the Exomax with out a Crankaroo.. :shock: However as you state Hawkeye it may all be technique.

Myself having shot all the Excalibur models out there accept the wheeled Paradox, I have to stay with my statement the trigger pull on the Exomax is HARD compared with all the other models and gives me trouble with a smooth shot. As stated this is a issue for me and not necessarily a issue for others.

Two links ya might want to check out.... :D
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... ght=exomax

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... ht=trigger
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Big John

Which Bow

Post by Big John »

GaryL:

Personally I can't wait for the 300lb. 500 fps Excal. model to come out. :lol: :lol: Hopefully before I'm to old to use it! :wink:

Are you reading this Excal. Marketing Dude?

I find Exc. triggers very smooth, and like I said all their models will do the job, from smallest to Max. Pick the one that fits best.

John

P.S.: How do you rotate use of all your Bows? Very jealous!

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]