i got my max today!!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ch312

i got my max today!!!!

Post by ch312 »

after a long wait after ordering from archers nook (not even 48 hours to get here :lol: ) i finally got it this morning. i was like a kid at christmas.

got it all put together but the scope rings i have are too small for the excalibur mount so i need to order some. im very impressed with the bow.

but, i thought the string that comes with the acessory kit is multi colored? the one that was in the bow box has black string and grey serving. the one in the kit has black strings and olive serving. is it the right string or did they make a mistake? i have the olive one on the bow.

also, the string sits in the middle of the 2 lines when it isnt cocked. this is the deck correct? do i need to twist the string so that is is on the line closest to the trigger? right now there isnt any twist in the string.

thanks for any help

HERES THE 2 DIFFERENT STRINGS

A.W

Post by A.W »

Congrats!!! :wink:

Can't help you on the string question. I have an Exocet.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

ch312,
Watch the video, or you can view them on the excalibur site, You need to twist the string about 4 twists till it comes back to the rear line.
Also, I believe, the FFF string is what came with the "kit", the other string is the stock string. (I didn't pay too much attention to my other string, but I thought it was the same color as the one that came with my accesory kit)
Don't forget to wax'em!
-Hawkeye
"No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were inconvenienced"
Bill T

Post by Bill T »

Hi
They are the same string, but we have several different makers so we use different serving colors to keep them seperate.
ch312

Post by ch312 »

bill t, so what your saying is the string that comes with the exomax is the same string i got in the kit?

wasnt i spose to get a flemish fast flight string with the kit instead of a normal one?

did they make a mistake while packaging my stuff?

thanks
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Here ya go ch312.... :D

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... ght=string

CONGRAT'S on the MAX.... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
dryhorn2

Post by dryhorn2 »

You're going to love it.
With God all things are possible
ch312

Post by ch312 »

i twisted the string some so that the rear of the string is just touching the line closest to the trigger. should i have done that? dangerous for me or the bow?

should i untwist it or leave it how it is?
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Accroding to the video... That's what you're supposed to do. The string will stretch some on the next 50 or so shots... As long as you're not crossing that mark closest to the trigger on the rail, you're okay!
And I interpreted Bill T's reply, as you got 2 FFF strings, just has different servings...
-Hawkeye
"No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were inconvenienced"
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

ch312 per Bill T. March 23,2005 (STRINGS)

Quote Bill T. in part..."First, in the last few months we've started putting endless loop strings onto our new bows to replace the old Flemish ones. The endless loop strings are not as quiet or as strong as the Flemish, but they are much easier to use as you just put them on and go shooting. No twisting, no stretching them in, no nothing. The marks on the deck are guidelines for setting up flemish style strings and are not meant to be used for endless loop strings. This will be included in the instructional video when I reshoot it next month and till then I apologise for not being clear in this."

From this post:
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... ght=string
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
ch312

Post by ch312 »

so, sounds like the flemish strings are better? anyone wanna trade a a brand new endless loop for a flemish?

mounted the scope yesterday and at 20 yards i shot 10 times with the same bolt. nice group of 3". i was using an old 2219 that had roughed up vanes so i guess it will be better with the carbons.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Well my kit that I ordered advertised Fast Flight Flemish strings, and I got mine in May (Bill T's quote was in March...). I may be really new to this sport, and may not be able to look at a string yet and tell you what it's made out of, but I know what I was told about what I ordered, and how to install/string it, per the video instructions provided by Bill T...
If I've been mis-informed, I'd LOVE to know... Bill (???)
-Hawkeye
peter p

Post by peter p »

What does endless loop mean?
Big John

Got max today

Post by Big John »

Flemish Fast Flights are better, faster, and the look nicer too!
I noticed at the store where I buy from, they a couple Xbows left with FFF strings and the rest have endless loop on them, I think you have to pay separate for FFF strings or pay more on the package to get them now?

If we all ask Bill T. nicely, maybe they will start putting them back on new Xbows? :)
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Hawkeye their are by no doubt kits and Exomaxs out there in dealer shops with the FFF strings. The FFF strings are still on some shelfs and will still be available for some time I would reckon.... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!