Thermacell

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

GaryL wrote:I refill my own W.W. a lot cheaper.... :D Took a empty cartridge and drilled it out to fit a refill unit from a cig. lighter, wooks real well.... :D
Details please...
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Here ya go Woody Williams, Please be advised I am not responsible in any way the following information is used. This is what I myself have done for my use, and in no way advise anyone else too do so.

If you should do this modification it is at your own RISK and I have so advised as such.... :!:

If anyone wants this removed, please ask me and I will delete the post.

Go to the drug store or your favorite gas station or store and purchase a refillable plastic cig. lighter with a metal/brass refill valve in bottom of lighter.

Empty lighter then very carefully cut/remove brass refill valve.

Take a EMPTY CARTRIDGE (Thermacell) and drill a hole in the bottom same size as refill valve removed from lighter.

EPOXY the valve in bottom of cartridge and let set. All done and just like filling a butane lighter the fuel will back spray a little when cartridge is full.

Please anyone using this information be advised I posted this as something I did and use but in no way advise anyone else to do so :!:

Also take note: At the top of your cartridge you will see a rubber "O" ring, this will dry out after a few refills from use. Put a little Vaseline on the O-ring after two or three use's and this will keep it from drying out.... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
chessy

Post by chessy »

mmmmmmmmmm you have something here .... i am a lic pest aplicator i will call the company tomorrow and see how much a 4 liter container is of the Allethrin and i may try my own out .... i may be asking for some spent pads :lol: if it works ...and how much the chemical is....
A.W

Post by A.W »

Farmer. You have a P.M.

Canadian Tire numbers for the Thermacell.

Thermacell. 75-4640-4 $39.99

Refill. 75-4641-2 $8.99

Cheaper at Bass Pro though.

Oops! Didn't see Digger's post. :oops:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
Tar Heel

Post by Tar Heel »

moving
Farmer

Thanks

Post by Farmer »

Thanks Aw for the info