Exocet 200 Trigger

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Farmer

Exocet 200 Trigger

Post by Farmer »

I have not had the chance to shoot another Exocet 200, but the trigger set up is not near what my 2003 model 200# Emag was, and further away yet than my old 165# Exocet.

The trigger pull on my 165#Exocet was very smooth , no creep and about 4#. ( the shape of the trigger was also a little nicer ) The 200#emag was not quite as good but close . The new Exocet 200 is quite stiff, a far amount of creep in it before it will engage. Is this normal ??

My neighbour has a 1st year Exomag 185# with carved limb tips,the trigger on it is much closer to my old 165# Exocet . Are my issues with the trigger related to the heavier draw weight on the latch assembly ? (as I said my neighbours is more like my 165# Exocet , does an added 15# of draw weight cause my problem ? ) Can my trigger be re adjusted ??

Thanks for any info, Paul
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Yes Farmer, but mostly the Max. Have not read or heard of many complaints on the Exocet 200.

My 185lb & 200 lb, shoot great with a nice trigger pull really smooth same as my Phoenix, a real smooth trigger.... :D

The small curve that used to be in the trigger like a rifle trigger is now more straight for a odd feel. One do get used to it after a few shot's.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Bill T

Post by Bill T »

The newer triggers we make are superior in tolerance to any made previously, but that doesn't mean that they aren't individuals in how that work. I think that if you shoot your new crossbow a hundred times or so it should break in and smooth up a bunch. Try that and let me know.......Bill
maddog

Post by maddog »

What ever happened to the WD-40 solution to eliminate creep and reduce pull? It has worked for me!

Bill
Ben S.

Post by Ben S. »

Just trying to move the posts along to get the stupid one off the page.
Farmer

Thankyou

Post by Farmer »

I will try a few more shots through the bow and see how it goes, Thanks for the reply Bill.