Broadhead suggestions

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

chris4570

Broadhead suggestions

Post by chris4570 »

As much as I would like to continue to use the 130gr Wasp Camlocks(excellent accuracy and plenty of KE) I think I'm going to have to find another broadhead to use. I only have two broadheads left. If I'm lucky and don't lose any while practicing I will still have two. But, I figured I shouldn't wait until I don't have a broadhead to shoot.

So what I would like is a broadhead of similar qualities to the 130 grain camlocks. I see Wasp now has 125gr Camlocks. Has anyone tried these out and if so what are your thoughts? Any other suggestions would be of great help.

Thanks!
Digger

Post by Digger »

SLICKTRICK 125
http://www.slicktrick.net/

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
JDMiller

Post by JDMiller »

I have'nt shot a camlock broadhead in years . They were good heads . I'm shooting Wasp Hammer SST 125 gr. with my crossbow set-up. I tried several different ones but these gouped the best . Alot of guys are shooting the SlickTricks like Digger posted with great results . The Wasp Boss is also good but I'm not sure the offer it in a 125Gr. I shoot Savora 100gr. with my compound but never could get them to fly right with my crossbow . I think my set-up likes a little more front of center weight . You may need to toy around with several but I dont think you could go wrong with either of these . Just my opnion .
DOXNUT

Post by DOXNUT »

Myself, I enjoy the simplicity of the G5 Montec 125gr.....................
terry-1

head

Post by terry-1 »

Those G5 Montec's are truely a work of art when you pick one up and look it over in person. Soild one peice, resharpenable, and just look cool. I bought three to try out and think they are my favorite broadhead design I even saw. With that said I choose not to shoot them this season because of their high cost per three heads. I hunt deer, wild hogs,turkeys and will shot coyotes time to time all during the fall season alone. I can run through a dozen bolts and heads easy sometimes more with some good hunting luck. I often can't find my bolts in high grass or they get damaged tips/blades from hitting rocks which are everywhere you look here. I am going to shoot the sonics 85gr heads this season I get 6 for the price of three and they shoot very well also. I buy everything I can local since a friend owns the hunting store and he carrys sonic, G5, and mangus brand heads at this time. I have shoot them all and they all shot well.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

My old faithfull is Wasp 130 grain cam-locks regular and SST . I tried some other types last season and went back to my Wasp 130's ..... they have been doing the job for me for years !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Farmer

Gladiators

Post by Farmer »

Gold Tip made a broadhead called a Gladiator. It could be used as a fixed Blade or as a fixed Blade with 2 expandable blades . I have been wondering how they would shoot out of the 200# Exocet or Exo Mag.