TO HOT

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BigUgly

heat

Post by BigUgly »

Well I hate it. I work in a fiberglass insulation plant. Last night I lost over 2lbs. in a two hour period. Some places in the plant wheere reading over 59c. Looking forward to cooler days and the thrill of the deer woods.
decee

Post by decee »

It was 36' C in Moosonee yesterday
Sliver

Re: heat

Post by Sliver »

BigUgly wrote:Well I hate it. I work in a fiberglass insulation plant. Last night I lost over 2lbs. in a two hour period. Some places in the plant wheere reading over 59c. Looking forward to cooler days and the thrill of the deer woods.
I feel for ya BigUgly... I used to work in the in the auto industry years ago making fibreglass hood insulators. The presses were 650 deg... It was no fun in the summer months....

Keep punchin away,, fall will be here soon enough :wink:
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
Digger

Post by Digger »

I'm touched guys, I'm here at home AC cranked to 68 and just got back from DQ with an extra large key lime pie blizzard. Don't get any better right now us seniors. 8) :D :oops:

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
huntman

Post by huntman »

I'm pretty simple i love the heat in the winter & i love the cold in the summer :D :wink:
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

This heat is draining! Work is some fun. I have to wear coveralls, leather gloves, and boots all day long. The shop doors are wide open to keep the place "cool". We have propane forges burning all day just in case it gets too "cool".

In a few months it will be the reverse. Last year we didn't get any heat in the shop until the middle of December.
wilsonj73

Post by wilsonj73 »

Well I'm almost feelin a little spoiled here out in the North West. We've had excessive rain which has brought cooler weather and it's only been this week that we've been warming up a bit... and I only mean a bit being 28 C.

Normally we're in the high 30's here this time of year.

The grass and vegetation is green and lush... our ungulate population is exploding at the seams...

Just got our reg's in this week for hunting season... bow season this year we can take either sex for Elk which is usually 3pt or bettter (one side) and whitetail we can take 2, one of which can be antlerless... which is quite a change for our bow season.

Countin down the days... for my first kill with my Exomag. 8)
Give a kid a fish and they'll eat for a day, teach a kid to fish and they'll eat for a lifetime!
JDMiller

Post by JDMiller »

Well guys I'm further south than woody about 1 1/2 hr drive from Nashville , Tn. on the Kentucky border . It has been hotter than blue blazes with the last few weeks with temps in the mid 90's F. Thats pretty normal this time of the year . Everybodys used to it . Humidity stays pretty high too . Huricane Dennis brought 35mph winds lots of rain that was welcomed and temp was around 82 today . I remember fishing in Kenora, On. last year in mid June wearing a heavy coat . Thats pretty wild for us Kentucky boys.
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I've had the pleasure of working outside in this heat for a mere 12 hrs a day. You kinda get used to it after a few days. :roll:
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
hawg hunter

to hot

Post by hawg hunter »

gentilemen: sure did not know that it was that hot in canada. my misconception of cool mountain streams and mountains . guess we will all have to bare it this summer
duber

Post by duber »

let it snow ,let it snow!!!!!!! I can warm up easier than i can cool down at work . I work at a foundry . Furnaces run between 2000 to 3000 degs . Makes for a hot 10hrs . I sure do forward to a dip in the pool when i get home :D . I can hardly wait for that first frosty morning :wink: .