Not a xbow but I wanted you guys to see.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Whyitsmike

Jim those look great

Post by Whyitsmike »

I was down the hill with a buddy of mine, we went shooting at the indoor gun and archery range, I was going to buy a gun a Winchester 94 with a 16 inch barre and a scope on it, but after a 100 shots at very close range
like 10 or 15 feet I only hit the Bulls eye 4 times. Heck I'm not a very good shot I said to myself, and this rifle shot both 38 special whatever that means, and 357 magnums. So for me I figure on sticking with xbows because then at least I might have a shot at a deer or other game, because with my xbow I can at least hit a target from 20 yards with much more accuracy. Have you ever shot a Barnette Commando Xbow, they are very good xbows, I do not know if it is as powerful as your current xbow, because my prod had a crack in it and I had a friend with a bandsaw cut it down evenly so it would not explode while I shoot it. But it sure is fun to shoot, Barnette says I can get a new prod for 40 dollars if I send this old one in. Let me know if you might be interested in this xbow. I had a brand new one but traded with Gary L for a left handed Martin Compound bow, that shoots like a dream. I tell you that GARY L is the best fellow in the world, I would not be able to shoot if he had not been so nice and generous to me, I wish I could buy him a new house car and anything else he needed. But if you would like my Commando you may have it. Like I said it needs a new prod from Barnett to be huntring ready, because now it is so easy to cock I'd say maybe 110 pounds with the folding butt stock, but for 40 $ it can be new. It is a 20 yr old bow though, and if the trigger mechanism goes out your are SOL, but it might be something you can use and get many years of pleasure out of. I saw you post about another xbow, save your money friend and try this one if you really want.

Mike
Nudo7

Post by Nudo7 »

Hi Mike. The winchester mod 94 after 100 shots will not be very accurate. lol. For that matter any rifle. The barrel really heats up just after a few shots. Also from powder build up from the ammo and the caliber is not a very accurate one. Your groups probably where all over the place. The 16 inch barrel is also another reason. The more surface area you have, the better it dissapates the heat. If you are interested in a hunting rifle I can give you some suggestions. I'm not a dealer, but I own several rifles and go to the range frequently. Guns are my hobby. I have several links to guns and some rifle forums. Would be glad to give you any advice or help. Have a good day.
Thats Right!!
Member NRA
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b133/nudo7/Nudo7.jpg[/img]
Nudo7

Post by Nudo7 »

JH nice job with the guns. I bet the 54 cal really kicks hard. Largest cal I have is a 300 WSM. It has a lot of felt recoil and will bruise you shoulder just after a few shots. :cry:
Thats Right!!
Member NRA
Nudo7

Post by Nudo7 »

Yeah the mag has some bad recoil. You should see what it does to the deer I shoot. I have killed 6 deer with it and not one has run off. They fall in there tracks. It does help when you hit them in the right place though. It really has some knock down power. At 100 yards, travels 3061 fps, has 3121 ft pounds of energy, with a 150 grain bullet. I could kill a elephant with this thing....lol
Thats Right!!
Member NRA