ground blind preference

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

doubledrop

ground blind preference

Post by doubledrop »

looking to get a ground blind not sure if i want 2 spend the money on a double bull or try and find something comparable . anyone give me somw feedbak please thanks in advance! curt
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Brampton Mike

Re: ground blind preference

Post by Brampton Mike »

doubledrop wrote:looking to get a ground blind not sure if i want 2 spend the money on a double bull or try and find something comparable . anyone give me somw feedbak please thanks in advance! curt

:D :D Are you located in Canada or the US??? 8)
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
doubledrop

Post by doubledrop »

imk located in the U.S in central Iowa
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

:D Oh okay.....i'm in Canada & have a couple of Ameristep blinds for sale...........take care. 8)

wabi

Post by wabi »

I use an Ameristep Doghouse because that is the one I found on sale :lol: It is a good blind for the crossbow with ample clearance for the limbs. I've had it set up since spring turkey season and the color of the camo is changing, but other than that it seems to be holding up well. I set it in the edge of a field, put a few dead cedar limbs an ice storm had broken off the trees around it to make it look lika a brush pile, and game pretty much ignore it's presence.
wabi
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

bstout wrote:
Woody Williams wrote:I REALLY like this one..

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=73953
Woody: How do you compare the Hunters View blind to your Ameristep Doghouse?
I have two Doghouses and the one Hunter's View Trophy Den.

I MUCH prefer the Trophy Den. It is much more roomier and has 14 shoot through windows - including two in the roof for waterfowl or doves.

Woody Williams

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
curmudgeon

Post by curmudgeon »

Woody
I ordered and received the one you mentioned. I like it quite well. I sprayed it down with scotchguard and used a coleman seam sealer on all the seams.
I believe bow string wax is best for all the zippers.
Thanks
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

bstout wrote:Thanks Woody. I'm going to take a look at one of the Hunters View ground blinds also. Hope the price is right. It would be a cold day in July before I purchased a double bull.

Bob
$69.97 plus shipping ..............at Sportsman's Guide..

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=73953
Woody Williams

Armadias

Post by Armadias »

Hey Mike,

What model's do have for sale and what price??

Bob
dairyfarmer

Post by dairyfarmer »

I get my back to a tree , rock or even a hill and then build a blind out of brush to my shoulder height at a sitting position. Works great on a good path leading to feed. The last 3 years and a buck each year makes this work for me.
doubledrop

Post by doubledrop »

you guys with the ameristep doghouses and such is the material quiet how is it holding up to me the fabric looks pretty thin and like it will snag and tear easy thanks for the input
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

dairyfarmer wrote:I get my back to a tree , rock or even a hill and then build a blind out of brush to my shoulder height at a sitting position. Works great on a good path leading to feed. The last 3 years and a buck each year makes this work for me.
I like that idea!!! :D
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

doubledrop wrote:you guys with the ameristep doghouses and such is the material quiet how is it holding up to me the fabric looks pretty thin and like it will snag and tear easy thanks for the input
I've used the same blind for both deer & turkey hunting for a couple of years now & the material is holding up great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink: