Arrow wraps

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Newbi

Arrow wraps

Post by Newbi »

Was just wondering if the arrow wraps have to be peeled off when you replace vanes? If so are they hard to remove and can you get the shaft clean enough to replace the vanes?
QUANDO OMNI FLUNKUS MORITATI (When all else fails, Play dead)
Genesis 27:3
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

:D not at all , just dip them in some hot water for a few seconds and then scrape fletching and wrap off with a heavy blade knife . wipe the shaft down with water , and re wrap and re fletch. WALA !! that easy
GREYWOLF
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

what's the deal with arrow wrap's anyway. sounds like more troble than it's worth.....

deadeye
Blood make's the grass grow, Owh-ay!
Newbi

Post by Newbi »

Thanks for the information Greywolf. I may give them a try. Have never used them. Deadeye. I just think that they look good. After reading the thread on fletching, and looking at the pictures, I really thought that some of the crested arrows were sharp. Being an individual you know.
QUANDO OMNI FLUNKUS MORITATI (When all else fails, Play dead)
Genesis 27:3
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Deadeye wrote:what's the deal with arrow wrap's anyway. sounds like more troble than it's worth.....

deadeye
They look good and they provide extra visibility when shooting at an animal..IOW - you can follow the arrow's path and see where it hit the deer. That is important part of knowing when and how to track the animal.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]