Moose Tags

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Sam In Northern ont

Moose Tags

Post by Sam In Northern ont »

Moose results are out you just call the 800 number.WE drew a Bull archery& a Bull rifle. How did you all make out. Sam
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Congrats and good luck, Sam.

Two bull tags eh, you lucky dog... 8)

Like I said, Good luck!...
Ontario Trophy Bucks
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

My buddy got drawn for moose, about 2 hours away from here, we'll be hunting together. I never got drawn AGAIN for our zone, ( where our property is). There's resident moose there all year. One day maybe. Good luck to you Sam, or anyone else lucky enough to hunt moose.

Grey Owl
BigUgly

moose tags

Post by BigUgly »

Got a bull tag for div. 19(archery)Can't wait 52 more days till we leave. Have talked with the lodge owner and they have seen a lot of tracks when out bear baiting and recently saw a nice bull just the other day.
Sam In Northern ont

Big ugly, 19 you must be around the geralton area who are you with wild goose. Sam
BigUgly

Post by BigUgly »

Yes we are with Wild Goose. This is the third year we are going there. Really great area and even better people. We have seen moose every year just never close enough for a shot. Two years ago called a bull into 60 yards but a cow came out and he lost intrest in my calls real fast. Last year a cow came to within 20 feet of one guy but no tag! :x This year we have a bull plus just got of phone with one of the other guys and he said another member got a cow tag so we have one of each. :shock: :P
BigUgly

Post by BigUgly »

Sam just a question. Is it worth our while to bring shotguns? Last 2 years hardly any birds any better this year.
Sam In Northern ont

We are seeing alot more chickens this year they had a good spring so i would say yes to the shot gun. You are not to far from me iam on the south end of wintering lake my camper is their all summer thats were we smack our wallys and usually take a moose iam 21a unit a20 mile ride borders19 . I guided for wintering lake lodge one season, Iam from terrace bay, where are you from. Sam
BigUgly

Post by BigUgly »

Sam. I'm from a village in southern Ontario named Port Perry. It sits on the shore of Lake Scugog. It has walleye, bass, and muskie. My family is form central Ontario near Bancroft. I've hunted dear all my life. Moose is a relatively new thing to me and have been taught a few lessons from them so far. I hope this is the year we get it right and our lessons learned pay off.
Sam In Northern ont

Well i think the ticket this year is be close to water, its been so dry all the little watering holes have dried up. We have been seeing some nice animals this summer. You guys should do alright. Sam
BALLZ

Post by BALLZ »

I feel lucky now after hearing the stories of seeing moose but not having the right tag. This is my first year hunting moose and the guys told me to apply for a cow tag and they would try for bull tags. I got my cow tag in the mail yesterday so i called to let them know and it turns out we have a bull tag and atleast to cow tags so far. Three out of five of us have hunted the area successfully over the last five or more year. I think i will learned alot from them. using the crossbow but i thing i'll bring the shot gun after reading sam and biguglys post. i'll be in area 21a for two weeks of bow season. Sounds like were all pretty close. Good Luck Guys.
A GOOD DAY IS ANY DAY SPENT IN THE WOODS
Sam In Northern ont

Ballz where are you in 21a, Sam
Rick Teal

Post by Rick Teal »

Our group of 5 has a bull and cow tag for the archery hunt in zone 24 (north of Kapuskasing). :D
I hunt, therefore I am.
BALLZ

Post by BALLZ »

sorry i thought it was 21a but i meant 21b and i'm not sure where cause i've never been there this is a first for me. do you know the area well in 21b
A GOOD DAY IS ANY DAY SPENT IN THE WOODS
Sam In Northern ont

21b is the manitouwadge & white river area. Sam