Phoenix
83%
exocet
17%

Total votes: 29

tcct2003

Ok Excal is now whic one?

Post by tcct2003 »

I have $450 saved for an XBow... I can get a new Phoenix for $369 and new Exocet for $459.. These come stock bare bones..

Which one please? I will be hunting whitetail, maybe 3-D. I hunt about 3 times a month

I usually by the most expensive but in this case I may not be phyiscally able to handle the 220lb of the Ecomax and I am short on funds.

So should I buy the Phoenix and use the rest for accesories?

or

Buy the Exocet and wait for a month to save money for accessories?

Thanks
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

Phoenix is more then enough for whitetail and a pleasure to shoot. I don't see the point in going with the Exocet if your going to stick with whitetails. Moose or bear then maybe.
wabi

Post by wabi »

The Phoenix is essentially the same performance as the old model Exocet (175#) but with a shorter power stroke which should translate into easier cocking for most users. I have the old model Exocet, and feel it's more than adequate for whitetail hunting. If I were buying a new crossbow it would be the Phoenix.
wabi
Whyitsmike

Some say the Phoenix is the best xbow excalibur makes

Post by Whyitsmike »

I have asked many of the guys on here which excalibur xbows they prefer, and every one of the excalibur xbows are amazing. But I have found that many of the old timers prefer the phoenix because it is so accurate, I think if you are 3D shooting 175 pds at the end of the day might be easier to cock vs the 200 # pd exocet. But which ever xbow you get will shoot amazing, but IMHO I would suggest the Phoenix.

Mike
TNhunterKMC

Post by TNhunterKMC »

Not sure where you're getting it but you might want to check into some of the reputable dealers that come highly recommended here on the site. From some of the other posts there might be some shady type things going on on ebay. That being said - I love my Exocet 200.