Ted Nugent w/Excalibur

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Newbi

Ted Nugent w/Excalibur

Post by Newbi »

I just watched an episode of Ted Nugent's show on the Outdoor Channel where he used and Excalibur crossbow to take an Oryx on his place in Texas. Good segment.!! :lol:
QUANDO OMNI FLUNKUS MORITATI (When all else fails, Play dead)
Genesis 27:3
Woody Williams

Re: Ted Nugent w/Excalibur

Post by Woody Williams »

Newbi wrote:I just watched an episode of Ted Nugent's show on the Outdoor Channel where he used and Excalibur crossbow to take an Oryx on his place in Texas. Good segment.!! :lol:
Great Excalibur commercial on there too..
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I would buy a "Gonzo" Excalibur. :lol:
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
chessy

Post by chessy »

This is not about his crossbow program but I watched a episode on that channel where he went into schools and talked about hunting and drugs ... this guy is totally amazing how he held a crowd ... I wish we could get him to visit some schools in Canada ... this guy is totally different around kids and how you could see kid in the crowd slowly change.... my hats of to Ted
Whyitsmike

What is a ORYX

Post by Whyitsmike »

I've heard of Ted Nugent, but have no idea what an ORYX is, what type of Excalibur did Ted use?
wabi

Post by wabi »

Read an article in Whitetail News by Ted Nugent recently, and picked up one idea he suggested. Wear camo to work! Just a camo shirt, but it tells people you are a hunter, and if you conduct yourself professionally and courteously they might get the idea we aren't just bloodthirsty killers.
wabi
Digger

Post by Digger »

Here ya go Mike.

Digger

Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

This is a GemsBok or Oryx.......there are other types of oryx such as the fringe eared oryx, but this is probably the type he shot. These antelope are native to Africa (I got this one in Namibia) and there is a good population of them in New Mexico as the result of releasing them on the White Sands Missle Range years ago.

chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

wabi wrote:Read an article in Whitetail News by Ted Nugent recently, and picked up one idea he suggested. Wear camo to work! Just a camo shirt, but it tells people you are a hunter, and if you conduct yourself professionally and courteously they might get the idea we aren't just bloodthirsty killers.
I wear my camo t-shirt out in public, when I'm not hunting, for that very reason. I'm not ashamed of what I do, and I'm not afraid to show the "world" that I am a hunter.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

chris4570 wrote: I wear my camo t-shirt out in public, when I'm not hunting, for that very reason. I'm not ashamed of what I do, and I'm not afraid to show the "world" that I am a hunter.
I keep a copy of my Renzo Buck decoy at work on the wall in my cube.
Image I have not had a complaint yet.
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

They might complain if you start slinging bolts through it at break time!!! :D
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

GonHuntin wrote:They might complain if you start slinging bolts through it at break time!!! :D
Well now that you mention it, last year my hunting buddy that I work with was in my cube eating lunch and we were watching Ranger66 Hoggin. When I heard Ranger66 laughing we both started laughing from his laughing. All you could hear was "BANG... Ah Ha Ha Ha" and then me and my buddy going "HA HA HA" pretty loudly over and over again.

They thought we were nuts but they did not complain.
http://www.huntingfootage.com/showphoto ... 518&page=4
ranger66

Post by ranger66 »

I wear my camo in the general public all the time when hunting season rolls around, and I have never had any negative feedback from it, and I wont bother me anyways if there was. Glad you like clips of Hoggin, hahaha. There are some clips from this year posted on hunting footage, I am trying to hook up with the cameraman again for some more footage but its been busy, I guess we'll hafta wait til the second cut of hay comes off.
JRS

Post by JRS »

This morning's episode of Mossy Oak's Hunting The Country featured Ted Nugent turkey hunting and giving his view of preserving the rights of hunters. As wacky as he sometimes (usually?) is, he does makes some valid points. He feels strongly that the biggest threat to hunting today doesn't come from animal rights groups, but from the in-fighting between different factions within the hunting community.
Lyn-X

Re: What is a ORYX

Post by Lyn-X »

Whyitsmike wrote:I've heard of Ted Nugent, but have no idea what an ORYX is, what type of Excalibur did Ted use?
Like him or not, We all need to support him and others that Hunt. As long as everyone stix together the ANTIS can't budge us.