big dog

Exomax hunters

Post by big dog »

Let's hear some stories about the exomax-hunting-target -whatever
big dog
I finally met Mrs.right-only I didn't know her first name was alway's
Lyn-X

Post by Lyn-X »

we were shooting the Max here in the store. we taped a 2" thick book together and set it in front of a block target. we shot it w/a G5 practice broadhead. it went htrough the book and 4" into the target(10 yards). The same test with everything the same except we used my Exomag, did not go through the book! thats why i thinking of selling my Mag! Lynn :twisted:
big dog

Post by big dog »

Don't know if I need that much power ,but it has to make the bolt faster and shoot flatter.
big dog
A.W

Post by A.W »

Lyn-X wrote:we were shooting the Max here in the store. we taped a 2" thick book together and set it in front of a block target. we shot it w/a G5 practice broadhead. it went htrough the book and 4" into the target(10 yards). The same test with everything the same except we used my Exomag, did not go through the book! thats why i thinking of selling my Mag! Lynn :twisted:
Could be that when you fired the Exomag the point hit bigger words!!! :shock: :lol: :wink:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
TYE

Post by TYE »

:lol:
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Lyn-X wrote:we were shooting the Max here in the store. we taped a 2" thick book together and set it in front of a block target. we shot it w/a G5 practice broadhead. it went htrough the book and 4" into the target(10 yards). The same test with everything the same except we used my Exomag, did not go through the book! thats why i thinking of selling my Mag! Lynn :twisted:
Be making a mistake if ya sell your Mag 200, However if it's the 185 Mag go for it.. :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
buck slayer

Post by buck slayer »

I have one, just start shooting it. I was shooting it into one of those bag target and the bolts when through the bag and in to a 1/8" steel plate. The center had some wear, but not that much. Shoot exocet and it did not go through the bag. Shot it into a deer target and the bolts would go into the deer about 10 inches in the center. Outside the center in the body it would go through with no vanes showing. The exocet would only go about 5"in the center. This is a excellent xbow.
Nudo7

Post by Nudo7 »

Well I was sitting one morning and hadn't seen any deer. This pesky little squirrel kept running around and making alot of noise. I gave him the "Ssshhhh gester a few times, but he didn't listen. So I got tired of it and though I might convince him to be quite. He was on the ground behind my stand. I ranged him at 15 yrds and let her rip. Needless to say the max silenced him. :shock: . I hadn't had a problem since..... :wink: Can't wait to quite something bigger.... Later.
Thats Right!!
Member NRA
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b133/nudo7/Nudo7.jpg[/img]
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

I practiced shooting field points all last summer getting ready for the fall hunt. The first time I took my Max out for a deer hunt, I told my buddy I should take a couple of practice shots with my slick tricks to ensure they are shooting as good as BJ said they would. (BJ said they shoot the same as field points) There I am at 5:00am with the spot lights shining in my buddy’s farm yard before we take off for our first bow hunt near his house. I put the cross hairs on my target at 30 yards and take a shot. “You missed” he says. I look and the bolt is embedded right up the back of the slick trick broad head in a 2x4 10 yards behind the target. I’m thinking to myself “Oh great, now I have to adjust my sights to account for the broad head flight at 5:00 in the morning before we head out”. I move to within 20 yards in front of the target to see if I could hit the target this time, load another bolt and “ twack”, Same thing, “you missed again”. “What the heck”? I thought I may have banged my scope out of alignment since the last time I was field point shooting a few weeks earlier. I went over to check the target bag and I notice there is a big hole blasted right through the bull’s-eye of the target bag. I mean if my hand was a little smaller I could have pushed it thought the hole.

I could not get the slick tricks out of the 2x4 behind the target without breaking them. An expensive lesson learned, I should have just taken BJ’s word for it. :roll:
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

I'll let ya all know how we do this coming week. My dad is going to be using my MAX for archery deer that opens this Saturday. I can't use it until the general season in September; for archery season i'll have to use my vert bow... My dad was "un - fortunate" enough to have had shoulder replacement surgury recently, and was able to get a disabled permit this year for archery. I'm hoping to have some good stories next week for everyone! This will be the first year my dad and I will hunt the archery season together; he's always had a bad shoulder and was never able to pull a vert bow. But this year I got him into the xbow, and he's really excited to have the opportunity to "fling a stick" at a deer this season!
-Hawkeye
"No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were inconvenienced"
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Here you go big dog... 2219's tipped with 125 grain Slick Trick launched from the ExoMAX.
This young 2 1/2 y/o bull moose was shot at 20 yards he went 80 yards and pilled up...:D.... Need I say more!...:wink:

2004 bull moose
Ontario Trophy Bucks
TYE

Post by TYE »

Nice Lonewolf!
BigBird-VA

Post by BigBird-VA »

I got my replacement scope back and sighted in. Even better than before. The defective one must have been really loose inside. Tried the Sonic 100gr broadheads. Hit in the same hole as the field points at 20 yds. It was getting dark and I only shot once. But after the results once at 20 is enough. I'll try 30+ today in the light. That Max really sreams. I swear I smell a burnt smell after a shot. Must be the wax on the string about to burst into flames! :lol:
Still amazed at how fast and accurate it is.
Lyn-X

Post by Lyn-X »

GaryL wrote:
Be making a mistake if ya sell your Mag 200, However if it's the 185 Mag go for it.. :D
its a 200#.
big dog

Post by big dog »

Nice one Lonewolf,can't wait to hunt w/my MAX-a lot of good stories from everybody keep them coming.
big dog