Crossbow Scope

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boltshooter

Post by Boltshooter »

That's good shooting offhand.
I've seen a few people discussing mounting a bipod on an Xbow using the quiver mounting holes. Could be handy, especially for hunting.
"BORDERS, LANGUAGE, AND CULTURE"
TYE

Post by TYE »

I like to practice of hand as much as I can... helps me with keeping the bow steady, even my rifle, could help me keeping my rifle steady too...
big dog

Post by big dog »

A Harris bi-pod will fit right on the sling swivel post.
big dog
I finally met Mrs.right-only I didn't know her first name was alway's
BryanOney

Scope

Post by BryanOney »

Putting a scope on my vixen has helped my accuracy a lot. Especially while hunting. I get so excited when I see a deer that before I had a scope on my x-bow I would not do a good job lining up the front and rear sights. I would often miss a deer or make a poor hit. With a scope just put the single cross hair where you want the arrow to go and gently squeeze the trigger. I still have trouble gently squeezing the trigger due to excitement. With the scope there are fewer factors that I can screw up. Life is tough for people like me that are not athletically of naturally inclined/gifted towards doing things. I like scopes so much I have them on my shotgun and muzzleloader I use for deer also. If you do not get a varizone and end up with some other scope make sure it has a field of view 65ft wide or larger at 100 yds. Otherwise if a deer is close to you all you will see is a big brown area of fur. Little or no magnification is needed for a x-bow. Good luck. Bryan.