Petersen's X-Bowhunting Mag.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

X-BowMan

Petersen's X-Bowhunting Mag.

Post by X-BowMan »

What are your feelings on the new Petersen's Crossbow Hunting magazine? Do they or should they offer subscriptions? Is it hard to find on news stands?

Let me know...

Thanks...
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

I looked through the first issue but didn't buy it........it was a typical Petersen's publication.....little substance and lots of advertisement! I was a long time subscriber to Perersen's Hunting, but finally got tired of paying for a magazine that was about half advertisement and dropped my subscription..... so I had an idea what to expect out of the new bowhunting magazine.......
Big John

Magazines

Post by Big John »

X-Bowman:

I liked the mag. and sent out many others to friends. It is a hard item to find in some places. I think it should be a subscription perhaps quarterly might be best. And I dont mind advertisement. How else can you shop without going out? :) As long as web. sites are included.

John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
DOXNUT

Post by DOXNUT »

I hear Ya, John! I enjoyed the advertisements, nice to see EXCALIBURS competition. It would be nice to see a magazine that does some non-bais comparisons, so it's SUBSCRIBERS can get a feel for other products without driving around the countryside......"Or even some shooter photos"
TYE

Post by TYE »

I haven't been able to find any copies of the magazine... :(
buckeye

Post by buckeye »

X-Bowman,
I liked the crossbow magazine very much. As with all Petersen publications it was first class. I was not able to find it on stands but was able to order online directly from Primedia. Wish they would make it a 10 issue a year subscribtion. Since crossbow hunting is becoming very popular someone is bound to cash in on it sooner or later.
BUCKEYE

A man who makes no mistakes usually doesn't make anything at all.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Good magazine..typical of Petersen's...

The only problem is, as I understand it, it is an annual.

They seem to be getting their tippy toes wet before diving all the way in.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Moreland

Post by Moreland »

I wish it were a monthly thing, just like Hunting and Bowhunting, the thing I don't like about it though (along with Petersen's Bowhunting) is that every bow that they do reviews on get's 4 1/2 outta 5... come on!!! :evil:
It's not a Passion. It's and Obsession.
big dog

Post by big dog »

Tye,
If you can't fid a copy-let me know and I'll send you mine-I've read it about 20 times already.
big dog
I finally met Mrs.right-only I didn't know her first name was alway's
X-BowMan

Post by X-BowMan »

Thanks for the feedback...