Scoped the Phoenix

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Moreland

Scoped the Phoenix

Post by Moreland »

I bought my scope today, at Outback Sports near Hanover. I am not really seeing the results everybody else talks about, then again, the scope rings were coming loose around the bases... had to tighten them, and now its raining out again. Hopefully the next time I go out to shoot I will see the "Excalibur" results. I had it perfect in the bullseye, but after my scope came a bit loose it started to shoot left, where it had been shooting right before I adjusted it, oh well, i'll get back out there and get it shooting right on the dot. :wink:
It's not a Passion. It's and Obsession.
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

Moreland,

Use a little "Lock tight" on the scope mount. You can pick it up at Canadian Tire for a couple of bucks. I used it when I first installed my scope on my ExoMax in the spring of 2004 and the screws have never loosened up once.

Partikle
terry-1

base

Post by terry-1 »

I put lock-tight on my excalibur scope base 5 years ago and all the screws are still tight.
Digger

Post by Digger »

Moreland, just make sure you use the blue loc-tite, use the red loc-tite and you never get it aprt again. :cry: :oops:

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
ranger66

Post by ranger66 »

Hey Moreland, glad you went and checked out Outback, hope jim treated you alright, he's a good guy, anyways I hope it clears up for ya, its still raining here.
Moreland

Post by Moreland »

I shot it today, and am I ever glad that I have more than one dot on my target otherwise I would have been robbin-hooding!!! Where should I be putting the lock-tight? On the screws that go in the rings or the screws that mount the rigns to the bases??
It's not a Passion. It's and Obsession.
Digger

Post by Digger »

You can put the Blue Loc-tite on all your screws and bolts including the one behind the trigger guard. The four in the scope mount need it most.

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
wabi

Post by wabi »

I use loctite on the base screws, and the ring screws. Never had one come loose. That loctite is amazing stuff and holds beyond belief........
hmmmmmm..............
brainstorm!!!!!!!!
loctite lipstick for the wife :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
wabi