Ghillie Suit

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Newbi

Ghillie Suit

Post by Newbi »

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried a Ghillie suit when hunting. They are the best camo I've ever seen, but look like they would be difficult to manuever in.
Last edited by Newbi on Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QUANDO OMNI FLUNKUS MORITATI (When all else fails, Play dead)
Genesis 27:3
terry-1

suit

Post by terry-1 »

I had one a few years back it was just to heavy to wear. It was great camo though I doubt anything would see you. I am using a mossyoak Diffusion pull-over alot in the eary season and really like it the best 3D camo I have tried very light weight and cool when it's hot. I don't have the pants I just wear plain BDU pants with the pull over which works good. It also zips up into a plam size pack that is built into the garment it's great for dropping in a back pack on the walk in. http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog. ... bled=false
nontypikll

Ghillie Suit

Post by nontypikll »

Newbi here's a link to a ghillie suit company called Shaggie 3-D Cover System Ghillie : www.ranchosafari.com. They come in different styles the classic , ultralite and the scent-lok. They also come in different 3-D cammo, ie: 4s all purpose, spring, fall, snow, jeriflage, rs desert, mossyoak, realtree advantage, fieldgrass and max 4 and shadow grass. They are made of 50%/50% Coton/ Jute Burlap, 100%Coton and 100% Jute(Custom Only) . I just purchased The Shaggie Deluxe Longcoat Bonnie hood with Face Mask the ultralite fall 3-D. There'a quick attach release buckle and strap when wearing your shaggie longcoat. The front opens for crawling. There is also velcro opening on both sides on the bottom of suit. The sleeves on both arms around the biceps has a draw webbing pulling the sleeve closer to the biceps. That feature is recommended for the bowhunter. I have'nt hunted with mine yet but with all those features I cant see the ghillie suit to be cumbersome. If you want more info. send me a pm.
Save our Heritage introduce a child to the outdoors.
Lyn-X

Post by Lyn-X »

look also at Leafy-Flage, very similar to the ghillie suit. i have had amazing results with it on Deer. i think it is only avail. at Cabelas now, it is also very lightweight. Lynn :twisted:
A.W

Post by A.W »

Lyn-X wrote:look also at Leafy-Flage, very similar to the ghillie suit. i have had amazing results with it on Deer. i think it is only avail. at Cabelas now, it is also very lightweight. Lynn :twisted:
Bass Pro has either the same or similar. It's like a mess with all the leaves attached.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
Nudo7

Post by Nudo7 »

Thats Right!!
Member NRA
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b133/nudo7/Nudo7.jpg[/img]
Newbi

Post by Newbi »

Thanks for the replies. I had already looked at the Rancho Safari Shaggies. There was an article in the latest issue of Field & Stream where the writer advocates the Ghillie suit for ground hunting. I am considering the Shaggie Mini. Coupled with good Predator camo should be a great setup.
QUANDO OMNI FLUNKUS MORITATI (When all else fails, Play dead)
Genesis 27:3