"Vertical" Compound Bows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TYE

"Vertical" Compound Bows

Post by TYE »

I'm looking into buying a "vertical" compound bow. Anyone on here have any? Just looking for opinions and stuff. If anyone has one could they post their setup and opinion on their setup.
Farmer

Verticle Bows

Post by Farmer »

Not sure what you want to know but I have been shooting Compound vertical bows since 1983. I have been a pretty loyal Darton customer my latest Dartoon being about 3 years old ( Cyclone with CPS cam system ) The bow is long Axle to axle about 40 inches It is a good shooting bow with 80% let off and good speed. 29.5 inch draw length, 66 # with a 30.5 inch 55/75 gold tip and 100 gr tip yields / 286FPS.

My latest Bow is a Custom built Oneida Stealth. It was put together for me by the good People at Monster Bows Inc. The company basically Balance and Blue prints compound bows, with Oneidas and Fire Brand bows being a specialty. This bow is a sweet shooter . It is fast a well as smooth, there is no hand shock when the shot is released. Here are the specs for the bow right :
29.5 inch draw length, 57# with a 30.5 inch 55/75 Gold tip and 100 grain point / yeilds 266fps. And this is with a bow that yields 90% let off !! They occasionally get one built that will make over 90% let off.

To demonstrate how much let off they can attain, they will sometimes demonstrate by drawing the bow back to full draw. They then cant the bow till it is parallel to the ground . They then ever so slowly start moving their hand off the grip. The mass weight of the bow is enough to keep it at full draw !!

You can check out there web site at www.monsterbows.com

If you want to start shooting a verticle go to a good pro shop and try as many different models as you can. You have to shoot what you are comfortable with. You also have to consider what you want to use the bow for huntin or target or both
TYE

Post by TYE »

Thanks for the reply Farmer :)

I'm wanting a bow for hunting and target. I really like the Reflex and Hoyt bows.
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

I shoot a PSE Diamondback 70lb. single cam for about 4 years now. Never a problem and shoots great. PSE is probably the largest bow manufacturer in the world.

http://www.pse-archery.com/
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
striper

Post by striper »

TYE: A friend of mine is interested in selling a top of the line High Country bow equipped with all the goodies including a Eotech Holographic sight. You probably can get a buy on this bow if you are interested. PM mr if you are and I will put you in contact with him. Striper
May your days be long and your hunts many. Pray that the God of the Bible will protect you as you go.
BigBird-VA

Post by BigBird-VA »

TYE wrote:Thanks for the reply Farmer :)

I'm wanting a bow for hunting and target. I really like the Reflex and Hoyt bows.
I have a ton of compound bows and have owned probably half of everything out there at one time. I have a Hoyt SuperTec. More of a hunting bow and not as good for target as some others might be. Fast and accurate. I have some Martin bows and they're not quite as fast but easier to be accurate with in a target setup. Today there are so many well made bows out there you need to go shoot a few and see what feels the best for you. I'm not a 1 cam fan and with string materials being what they are now the 2 cam or cam and a half bows do not have the timing issues they once did. And regardless of what you may be told 1 cam bows have to be in time too. Many do shoot the 1 cam bows and are happy with them. Again it's all personal preference and what appeals to you.
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

I just got myself a Hoyt VTech and this bow is an awesome machine, with it's 80% let off I can hold that baby at full draw for quite some time without a problem. I may even hunt the early season with it and see how it goes for a change.
Ontario Trophy Bucks
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

:D Hey Tye I have a right hand MATHEWS MQ-32 30 " draw , 70 lb. with a trophy ridge drop zone rest , cobra sidewinder sight, stabilizers and limb savers , hard case , scot release, and 12 gold tip xt pro's , bow is mint you can have it for $ 400 pluss shiping GREYWOLF
[/img]Image
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
TYE

Post by TYE »

Thanks for the offers :) Greywolf I would be right ontop of that offer of yours but I can't handle 70#'s. Bad shoulder, and I'm not strong enough yet.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Tye,

Hoyt ProTec w/XT 2000 limbs
50 - 60 lbs
29" Draw
Spiral Cam & 1/2
Hoyt Micro Sight
Hoyt Quick Detach 4 arrow quiver

$ 900.00 CDN (firm)

I'm a finger shooter getting 287 ft/sec w/2312's off a Cavalier rest @ 52 Lbs.

It's been put through a Chrony and clocked at 309 ft/sec w/mechanical realease, ACC 3-28 @ 52lbs

If interested, send me a PM with your email and i'll send pics and
my lighted pin set-up
TYE

Post by TYE »

PM sent :)
DOXNUT

Post by DOXNUT »

Sold my Vertical hunting bow awhile back, due to elbow damage. But I'll never let go of my "baby"...........

One day I'll get a dozen arrows for it, and put it back into SERVICE.
TYE

Post by TYE »

PSE right?
DOXNUT

Post by DOXNUT »

TYE...........Ya it's a PSE MACH-7, which I bought in 96-97
TYE

Post by TYE »

Cool :)