Hurricane Katrina

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

grizzled47

Hurricane Katrina

Post by grizzled47 »

Just been watching the latest reports on the Hurricane. I have never seen anything like it in my life, and God only knows what it must be like in New Orleans, and the other places that were caught up in it. I knew it was bad, but had no idea till just now exactly how bad it is. What devastation, and all those lost lives. We just don't have anything remotely like that in England although, even there, the weather has definitely changed over the past fwe years, and not for the better!
I thought the great sunami was beyond belief, and then this. It seems thet there has been a massive change in the climate over the entire surface of the earth, and I feel there is more to come. perhaps we have to start taking it much more seriously than we have been, and maybe look closer at what we can do to try and halt this change in our planet!
My prayers just now are with all those thousands of poor souls who are suffering at this time...may the good lord help them.
If at first you don't succeed...try again!!
Grizzled.
Nudo7

Post by Nudo7 »

Yes it's really awful. I took a direct hit from Hurricane Ivan last year which was a Cat 3. I will never stay again. We where without power for 24 days and it looked like a bomb was dropped. Trees everywhere, on houses, cars, etc.... Atleast my parents had an 5th wheel camper and generator that we lived in while the power was out. Its almost a year and people still have damage to there homes, and some businesses are still closed because of it. I can only imagine a large Cat 4 like Katrina. I am right now in Panama City Fl which was about 300 miles east from where the eye went in. We had 35-40 mph winds all the way over here and some storm surge. The wind just stopped today. This is just unbeliveable.
Thats Right!!
Member NRA
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b133/nudo7/Nudo7.jpg[/img]
Newbi

Post by Newbi »

I'm just waiting to see what kind of response there is from the U.N. and all of the other countries around the world that complained because the United States only gave a few paltry billion for the Tsunami relief. Haven't even heard any verbal response yet.
QUANDO OMNI FLUNKUS MORITATI (When all else fails, Play dead)
Genesis 27:3
grizzled47

Post by grizzled47 »

I'm not sure what the response of the UN will me, but I hope it will be a positive one. Everyone who can, should put their hands in their pockets and help out, and I will be very upset if my own Homeland doesn't give massive aid in this instance. Those desperate people need all our help and, who knows, it could just be us next time.
I must say I am saddened by the amount of looting that is taking place. I realize that some people will take food and water etc, when they are desperate, who wouldn't? But those low-life's who are looting on a grand scale whilst defences are low, should be ashamed of themselves. A sparse police presense should be employed in trying to find some of the lost and desperately frightened victims of the storm, and not having to try controlling looters! These people leave me speechless.
If at first you don't succeed...try again!!
Grizzled.
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

I think our government will help out as we have done so in the past. Even if they don't the average Canadian will. You will see a lot of private donations. I know of several people who have done so already including myself.
Herbinator

Post by Herbinator »

I'm shocked every time I turn on the news. The WHOLE coast has been devestated! We took up a collection yesterday as did my wife's office. I also heard the Canadian Red Cross has sent in 150 experienced disaster relief people and equipment.
Our thoughts are with you guys down south!
A.W

Post by A.W »

I just saw some of the devestation in New Orleans.My heart goes out to all the people affected by it.

The looting and shooting has started. One police officer was shot in the face.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

My Uncle and cusins and their familys all left for Tx last week. Their homes are in New Orleans. My uncle Jimmy has stayed for them in the past but this time he got smart.
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

The looters should be punished severely!!! They make me sick!! I'm sorry but if I caught them I think I might shoot them. The character of these people is absolutely disgraceful.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
Nudo7

Post by Nudo7 »

You can donate here..................

https://www.redcross.org/donate/donation-form.asp
Thats Right!!
Member NRA
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b133/nudo7/Nudo7.jpg[/img]
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

chris4570 wrote:The looters should be punished severely!!! They make me sick!! I'm sorry but if I caught them I think I might shoot them. The character of these people is absolutely disgraceful.
I WOULD SHOOT THEM....They deserve no less.... :evil:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Man I sure feel sorry for those people down in the Gulf states. Our Red Cross here in Saskatoon is bombarded with calls to help. But they said on the news Canada is still waiting for a official call from President Bush. Were sending money.

I've stopped complaining about the 30 below here !!

Grey Owl
Herbinator

Post by Herbinator »

GREY OWL wrote: But they said on the news Canada is still waiting for a official call from President Bush.
That is SOOOO stupid IMO. Load up the boat they are talking about in Halifax, and send it on it's way right NOW! The Americans don't even know what they need. Just send in whatever we can.

The Americans are the first ones there whenever another country needs help. It's the least we could do.

Pisses me off!

end of rant
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Per CNN today other countrys (MANY) have offered to help and is now being set up....
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Shakky

Post by Shakky »