Exomax Arrived Tuesday

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boltshooter

Exomax Arrived Tuesday

Post by Boltshooter »

I was sitting down to dinner tuesday evening when the parcel truck arrived with my crossbow :D . WOW :!: Right off, I was amazed with the quality of construction. There are a maximum number of milled aluminum components, no stamped sheet metal parts. I had a little difficulty stringing the bow, probably couldn't have managed it without the instructional video. Also, the first time I tried to cock the bow, the string wouldn't catch, even though I had it pulled back as far as it would go. Then I noticed that the safety was on. :oops: :oops: I was quite surprised and pleased with the construction of the foot stirrup. :o Instead of a bar of aluminum bent into shape, it is a solid aluminum plate with the center milled out! That's quality for ya! After shooting the crossbow for about half an hour on Wednesday, I shot a beautiful 2", three shot group at about forty-two yards, OFFHAND :!: :!: Amazing accuracy, great trigger pull also! I have to admit, the bow is pretty loud without the dissapator pads installed, but they do a nice job dulling the noise. I have only experienced one minor (very minor) problem: The set-screws controlling windage and elevation on the front sight loosen up after about 15 shots or so. I am reluctant to tighten them really good, for fear of stripping the threads. Any suggestions?
"BORDERS, LANGUAGE, AND CULTURE"
peter p

Post by peter p »

You can use a little blue loctite on the threads or better yet mount a scope on the bow.
chessy

Post by chessy »

bump