Let's follow Bill T's Example

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ecoaster

Let's follow Bill T's Example

Post by ecoaster »

I just picked up a copy of the COHA Filed News (Canadian Outdoor Heritage Alliance) and saw Bill's name mentioned in a few articles. Namely, that he's on a commitee of members for the Deer Hunt Defense Program COHA.

As we all know, out outdoor rights and heritage are being attacked each and every day. The anti's work tirelessly and have millions of $$$$ to spend on their beliefs. After reading this Summer edition of the Field News it was clear to me that these people are willing to fight for our rights as outdoors men and women.

One of the things I noticed which kept coming up was the number one threat to hunting,fishing,trapping, etc. - US! I've heard it on here and other forums or in public, outdoorsmen critisizing other outddorsmen for how they CHOOSE to harvest game. I have hunted with guns, bows, snares, and traps. I've fished with flies, bait, tackle and nets. I haven't now or ever, looked down on someone for how they CHOOSE to harvest their game, as long as it is legal and ethical.

I found this FREE paper a very enjoyable read. It deals with real threats and issues surrounding our rights as outdoorsmen and I for one will be sending them $20 for a membership. I waste more than that on any given night at a bar or resturant.

I pearsonally urge all of you to join this group. I remember a while back when the forum members chipped in to buy Hoss' friend an Excalibur, well, chipping in $20 to this cause will benefit all of us.

I know this sounds like a sales pitch, but it's not. I was just really excited to see what this group is doing for our rights.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Don

Post by Don »

ecoaster,

I have never heard of this publication or that group.
More information please and thank you.

Don :lol:
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

First time I had heard of them too. They have a web page which I haven't checked out yet.

http://www.coha.net

Hope this gives you some more info.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
peter p

Post by peter p »

Do a search on the internet and you will find them.
We should be sticking together as one, not with several small groups starting up trying to do the same thing.
We in Canada should have one large organization like the US has (NRA).
The only group that I know of is "Ontario Federation Of Anglers and Hunters" and thats only in Ontario, and they aren't that big. If we want to keep our hunting and fishing rights we should all be members, plus there are some benifits to joining the Ontario Federation of Anglers Hunters is that you get a 2 million dollar insurance liability. Just having the insurance is well worth it and aids in helping you get land owner permission to hunt on their property. A lot of landowners won't let you hunt due to liabilty issues.
I don't know if the other provinces have something or not.
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

peter p wrote:Do a search on the internet and you will find them.
We should be sticking together as one, not with several small groups starting up trying to do the same thing.
We in Canada should have one large organization like the US has (NRA).
The only group that I know of is "Ontario Federation Of Anglers and Hunters" and thats only in Ontario, and they aren't that big. If we want to keep our hunting and fishing rights we should all be members, plus there are some benifits to joining the Ontario Federation of Anglers Hunters is that you get a 2 million dollar insurance liability. Just having the insurance is well worth it and aids in helping you get land owner permission to hunt on their property. A lot of landowners won't let you hunt due to liabilty issues.
I don't know if the other provinces have something or not.
You can check this out
http://www.nfa.ca/
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

You're right Steve, we should stick together. Join an organization that will put it's efforts towards keeping what we have. I was a member of OFAH for years(I didn't renew this year due to financial reasons). I remember coming across COHA a few years back at the Toronto Sportsman Show, I saw them as the new kids on the block(compared to OFAH), but was glad that there was another organization to back us up. It's good to hear that they are still helping us all out. Maybe OFAH and COHA can join forces, experience with fresh blood can't hurt.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
chessy

Post by chessy »

bump