Good Barrie Butcher?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jc2white

Good Barrie Butcher?

Post by jc2white »

I'm looking for a good butcher around the Barrie area. I have used Country Meats in the past, but they are getting too expensive.

Thanks in advance.
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

All Butchers are starting to Out price them selves in the Wild game department. I know of two others in the same surounding area that have did the same. I have started back at doing it myself, with couple guys and a good saw , you can do up a deer in No time. The biggest problem in doing it yourself is the clean up of the equipment...BT
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
A.W

Post by A.W »

If your Email can receive 26.8mg I can send you a video of cutting up a deer. I got it from an earlier posting.

If you would like me to send it PM me.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

I know of a Good butcher with good prices and he will do up whatever you want,( burger, sausage , roasts etc etc...) Unfortunatley he is not in the Barrie area closer to Port Perry.. If you need his number just PM me

Harry
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

If its just cutting up deer, no problem. A friend of mine just gave me a book on it, and I went at it. Its really not that difficult, a little practice anybody can do it, have faith in yourself. I de-bone all my venison, and cut out all fat, sinew, silver lining, etc. ect. Only need a couple good butching knives and have at her.

Grey Owl
BOB VANDRISH

Good butcher

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

I would agree 100% with Grey Owl,that the best way is to learn to do it yourself,exactly as he describes it.
Once you realize how much better the meat tastes,without the tallow being streaked across the cuts from the band saw,you will never go back to a butcher.
You can go to them for making up the hamburg,or sausages,unless you have the equipment to do it yourself.
One really good use for the trimmings is to make pepperettes,and with a bit of the right spice,they are simply delicious!
That is a job for a good butcher.
There are books out there on how to do it.
If you get stuck,PM me,and we can discuss it further.
Bob.
Bob Vandrish.
jc2white

Post by jc2white »

I may just try doing one myself this year. Last year I got two with the exocet and the butchering bills were around $400!
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

I hope jc2white, you made a typo error. You mean $40.00, not $400.00, right??

Grey Owl
franklinm

Post by franklinm »

I do my on cleaning and have eater lot`s of deer meat , but what is this Pepperettes , and how to perpar .? :oops:
TYE

Post by TYE »

Venison Pepperettes are AWESOME! Wow so yummy! I wanna get some done up but it's expensive.
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Butchered my first deer last year. Got some "how to" articles (with pics) from the internet. It was very cheap - 0$ !!! and a good learning experience. It is really not that hard. just take everything off the bone and make roasts, steaks and stew meat.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
A.W

Post by A.W »

ecoaster wrote:Butchered my first deer last year. Got some "how to" articles (with pics) from the internet. It was very cheap - 0$ !!! and a good learning experience. It is really not that hard. just take everything off the bone and make roasts, steaks and stew meat.
The video I have shows how to do this. PM if your Email can handle 28.8 mb.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.