String & Rail Position

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Roy65

String & Rail Position

Post by Roy65 »

I have an '04 Exomag and have noticed that the string and rail are not 90 degrees to each other. It is more on one side of the rail and less on the other. I am confused. Can this create problems and if so, how do i fix it. My brace height is 1/4" inch above the bottom line on the rail. The string was sitting right on the line so i twisted it to gain the the 1/4" figuring it might still be stretching, however i had the problem before i twisted it, so that changed nothing. I do not have an awfull lot of shots fired thru it. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Roy
DOXNUT

Post by DOXNUT »

Trying adjusting it, by loosening the riser screws and aligning everything using a square...............
Roy65

Thanks Doxnut

Post by Roy65 »

Was not aware that i could do it that way, but it sure makes godd sense to me. Thanks again
Roy
TYE

Post by TYE »

I had the same problem... I couldn't fix it though. So I still have the same problem, lol.
gad

Post by gad »

If your xbow is shooting right, on various distances (eg: 10, 20, 30, 40 yards) you don't have to worry about the tiller unbalance.

However, if it's don't shooting right, or your limbs have a visible poundage difference between both limbs or delaminating signals, call excalibur, prior to continue shooting your xbow.
I'm all for gun control. To me, gun control is putting 2 bullets in the same hole... UNCLE TED
TYE

Post by TYE »

I'm pretty sure my bow is shooting properly...