Pics at last!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Yeeeoch !!!!!! God I hate that when it happens. If it makes ya feel any better, I had those same colors on my thumb. Purple's, red's, pink's, and black's, I even had yellow.

Take care of your arm grizzled, and let them blood vessels heal.

Grey Owl
exohuntr

Another tip...

Post by exohuntr »

One of the best descriptions I was ever given on follow through form was to imagine you were holding a grapefruit between your shoulderblades. It will tense up the back muscles and not allow the bow to jump upon release. Hope this helps...
grizzled47

Pics at last!!

Post by grizzled47 »

Hi guys,
Many thanks for all the advice. Hunting 1, can I tie one of those loops on to the string myself? Where should I be gripping the string with the mechanical release?? Can I replace the binding on the string where it is frayed?? :roll:
Many thanks,
Grizzled.
If at first you don't succeed...try again!!
Grizzled.
huntin1

Post by huntin1 »

The binding, called serving, can be replaced. It's not too tough if you know how to do it. I would suggest that you have someone that has done it before show you how, or just have it done at a pro shop, same with the string loop although they are easier and most come with instructions. When I was still shooting compounds , and before I started using the loop, I was taught that the release went below the arrow. Not saying that is the way you must do it but I think results would be better. Of course, judging by the target pic you posted, I'm not sure how much better. :wink:

huntin1
"Never corner something meaner than you"
grizzled47

Pics at last!!

Post by grizzled47 »

Doxnut, You suggested shortening the string half an inch, How do I do that? my draw length is at it's shortest for the bow i.e 27inch. But I feel you may be right!
Thanks for the info Hunting 1.
Grizzled.
If at first you don't succeed...try again!!
Grizzled.