Tracking Wounded Deer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

John Wade

Interesting and Very Useful Post, Link Too. One question tho

Post by John Wade »

Is the use of toilet paper, as opposed to colored ribbons as tree markers to symbolize that the shot or the deer was crappy? :D Personally, I just use those "Lost Dog/Cat" Posters for hanging on telephone poles. Scratch out Dog/Cat and Print in Deer. A little description at the bottom. May answer to the name of Stew. May have a limp. Jumps a lot. Doesn't come when called. Reward: Game Dinner at my house. Although I don't know whether I'll do it this year as the calls I got last year were not very helpful. The people spoke too loudly to understand. Most of them kept sending me to the shell station. "Go to Shell! They would yell. I'd go and no dear. Most got my name wrong as well. I surmised that many seemed to be Asians as they wanted to adopt me into their culture. "You should be "Hung" they would say, quite enthusiastically. Friendly bunch too, always wanted to know where I lived so they could come over for a vist I guess. Told them I wasn't home much as hunting season was underway. They must have been really disappointed as well as they grew upset. Think I'll try something new this year as I see there are a couple of organizations started that specialize in just this sort of deer recovery thing. They are in the yellow pages under, "Animal Rescue" I'm going to give a few of them a call and see how we can work together and I'll let you all know how it all works out.

John "At least they don't have guns - Do they?" Wade
John Wade the Dog Trainer
www.johnwade.ca