vixen in 2005 /06 only in deerhide brown ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

beginner

vixen in 2005 /06 only in deerhide brown ?

Post by beginner »

hi friends . great forum . sorry for my bad english . please be so kind and answer in an easy way . in the past i had have two barnett xbows ( panzer , deltastorm ) but they aren`t really fine xbows . so i decide to buy in the nex time a excalibur vixen . i like the 2004 vixen deluxe set . i won`t hunt , i`m not a fps-freak and have some ( small ) problems with my back .
but a friend told me that the vixen is in 05/06 only in deerhide brown available . is it true ?
perhaps the new phenix is something for me . is the string hard to pull ? how loud is the shooting noise ?
i want a quiet and robust ( dry fire ) xbow .

thank`s for answering and your time .

p.s : i know the forum has a search engine . but it`s hard for me ( with my bad english ) to find the answer to my questions . thanks for untestanding me .
Digger

Post by Digger »

Take your pick of the Pheonix or the Vixen.Both are very accurate.Pheonix is 175 lb with a 14" draw with a speed of 310 fps. The Vixen is 150 lb with 14" draw and a speed of 285 fps, is available in deer hide brown and has a older machined riser than the other three models with slightly forward facing riser. All have the same 3 lb pull trigger and same stock.

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
ed martin

cocking aid

Post by ed martin »

Beginner, excal has a rope cocking device and i think it fits all there models. it might be 20$ and it makes cocking there x-bows a dream.(easy on the back) :D
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

If you use a rope cocking aid you will notice very little difference between the Vixen and the Phoenix. I find both easy to cock if using the aid and I have a back problem like you. You may be able to find a used Vixen Deluxe but if your not hunting I don't know why you would be worried about it. Why do you need a camo pattern? The Phoenix only comes in camo and shoots at 305fps while the Vixen comes in at 285fps.
beginner

Post by beginner »

thank`s at all who help me :D . i like the camo style more , the deer hide brown seems a little bit boaring .
yes i will use the rope cooking aid ( sorry forgot to say this ) . important for me is that the crossbow will be very robustly . i informed me trough the web and find out the new modells have all the new riser ( forward lane ). so the limbs can store more energie .
i`m a little bit Unnerves if this could mean : more energie = more damage if doing something wrong .
o.k i know is always bad doing xbow-things wrong !
could someone compare vixen vs. phoenix :
1) shooting noise ?
2) put the string on / unstring ?
3) how many shoots i can do with one string before i have to buy a new string ?

thank`s for helping , to all a nice weekend

greetings beginner .
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

The difference between the two bows is not great. The Vixen is less powerful therefore less noise and easier on strings etc. But the difference is very small. A lot of the members who have more then one bow prefer the Vixen for target shooting. I think you should go with the Vixen and if you want you can buy a camo paint kit and paint it yourself.
beginner

Post by beginner »

thank`s to all how gave me advise :oops:
last friday a bough at my local dealer a 2004 vixen deluxe . :lol:
i had the chance to test all kinds of xbows ( excal , grate lakes , tenpoints )
i love them all . in my opinion a xbow has to be : " keep it simpel an working " ( sorry bad english :roll: ) that`s the reason be i bough a vixen .
als my nick-name means i started with the beginner lbs .
maybe in the future i will buy a excal with more power .
but now i`m really happy :D
at sunday i will mount a scope :wink:
A.W

Post by A.W »

Congrats on your choice. :wink:

Which country are you from?
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

I happy for you and I'm sure you will enjoy your new crossbow.
beginner

Post by beginner »

A.W wrote:Congrats on your choice. :wink:

Which country are you from?
far away ............. in the middle of europe .............germany . tomorrow i will buy the stringing aid , rope coking aid an scope rail .

to all a nice weekend .

greetings beginner .
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

Ausgezegnet! :wink:
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
beginner

Post by beginner »

Woodsman wrote:Ausgezegnet! :wink:
merci beaucoup :wink: