question about hunting from treestand with xbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TNhunterKMC

question about hunting from treestand with xbow

Post by TNhunterKMC »

When hunting from a treestand (Summit Goliath) - what do you do with your cocked crossbow? Hold it? Hang it on a hook on the tree? Or do you use some type of gun mount brackets on your treestand? If you're using some type of mount - pics would help.
OneShot

Post by OneShot »

Usually I hang mine on a hook while waiting for the animals to appear for picture taking !

LOL........... :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

Oneshot.....
Leave the concrete jungle behind and just go hunting !
BUCKSHOT

Hanger

Post by BUCKSHOT »

One fellow that I hunted with had a really neat set-up!
He used two u-shaped brackets and bolted them on the crossbar of his tree stand! The bow sat across the rail, close by and ready in his shooting orientation!
This allowed him to be more comfortable and freed his hands up for other things i.e glassing, rangefinding, calling, rattling, eating a snack or having a coffee!
I believe the brackets were designed for a gun but worked very well for his crossbow!
Enjoy the Harvest!
BryanOney

X-bow on stand

Post by BryanOney »

I sit and hold my x-bow. Most of the deer I shoot, I shoot while sitting.
Partikle

Re: X-bow on stand

Post by Partikle »

BryanOney wrote:I sit and hold my x-bow. Most of the deer I shoot, I shoot while sitting.
Ditto. I have the stock on my lap and the front of the bow resting on some of the cedar limbs and branches I use for cover. I only have to raise it slightly to be in a sitted shooting position.
jay73

Post by jay73 »

Same here. It sits on my lap until I need to raise it. I don't think I'd trust myself having to move in front of a deer if my bow was on a hook. Sometimes you just don't have the time.
150 lb Wolverine
165 lb Exocet
175 lb Phoenix
TYE

Post by TYE »

I have reached around a tree while sitting on the ground drinking a coke, in blaze orange and still managed to shoot both deer 15 yards away. The second one actually watched me pull my rifle up, but put its head back down and kept following the deer infront of it. Then BANG! I got them both. :)