Exomag/Exomax Width

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SOUP

Exomag/Exomax Width

Post by SOUP »

Folks ,
Are the recurves ( Exocet/max) a WHOLE lot wider than a compound ?Is it enough difference to really be concerned about ?
Does anyone ever have a problem with them treestand hunting(from premanant stands ..not climbers )one fellow told me I'll always be hitting things with the limbs when I shoot. Hell I didn't hit limbs with my long bow,do I have to worry about this now ??
I'm still in the market for a xbow & was wondering if there is a need for a lot of concern ? I know everything good has a tradeoff & adjustment ,so maybe you guys who hunt in PA/NY/NJ/VA that have all pretty similar terrain as I do can shed some light.
Thank you in advance for your time.
SOUP
" YOUTH IS WASTED ON THE YOUNG "
terry-1

blind

Post by terry-1 »

I am not sure on the inches the limbs are someone will know and add that. I can tell you I did notice the my Exocet to be wider than the horton I had owned first, but after shooting the exocet the first day I forgot all about it and never notice anymore I guess it grows on you. It really never bothers me or hits anything and I have shot it for 5 years now and its still shooting like new.The only time it seems big is when I get into my pop-up blind with two people. I guess there is trade offs for everything size,weight,speed,accuracy. I find my exocet to be light in weight, easy to carry, and a joy to shoot I doubt I ever stop shooting excalibur unless someone just really comes out with some super crossbow in the future. P.S I use to shoot a longbow myself one reason I think I like the basic straight none compound excalibur limbs so much.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

With my brace height set at 1 1/8"

At rest 35 3/4"
cocked 27 1/4"

hope this helps.... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Todd the archer

Post by Todd the archer »

What Gary said. I think many people overlook the width of the bow when cocked. When cocked I don't think they are much wider than the compound counterparts. Still have to watch when shooting so as not to wack a limb.

Todd
Digger

Post by Digger »

There is a 10" difference in the width of my Paradox and my Vixen and Exocet. Only if you've been shooting a compound crossbow do you really have to think of the width when in your stand or stalking. Just remember to clear a little extra around your stand.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
TYE

Post by TYE »

Todd the archer wrote:What Gary said. I think many people overlook the width of the bow when cocked. When cocked I don't think they are much wider than the compound counterparts. Still have to watch when shooting so as not to wack a limb.

Todd
My friend got caught in the side of the head once when he dad shoot his Excalibur while there were in the stand together. He had a huge scab across the side of his head for the longest time.
maddog

Post by maddog »

I have a Horton and Excalibur Exomag. The Horton is definately easier to shoot from a ladder tree stand when the deer approaches from behind the tree. The length AND the width are more problematic with the Excalibur. Thats the only thing I dont like about the Excalibur. Just keep it in mind......its really a safety issue if the limb would strike a tree trunk or tree limb. Depends on how your stand is set up.......if you shoot forward only, it doesnt matter.

Bill