Pull up cord

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ch312

Pull up cord

Post by ch312 »

what do you guys use to pull your bows up into your treestands?

i have a retractable dog leash thats 14ft long but i need it to be 20ft. i can add anymore to this stuff because there isnt enough room on the spool. what type of 1/8" cord/rope could i use instead?

i was thinking of parachute cord but i can only find 3/16" stuff and thats too big for this because thats the size of the stuff on it now.

anyone have any idea roughly how much more cord i could fit on the spool if i were using 1/8" rather than 3/16"?
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I just use a length of camping or clothes line rope. It is around 1/4" thick and I keep it in my pack. More than heavy enough but I like it because it doesn't get tangled.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

I, like ecoaster, use the white 1/4 inch clothes line rope with a small dog snap on each end. About 30 feet long but stores to a real small coil.
Deer Dave

Post by Deer Dave »

I have used the $3.00 20 ft. bow tow rope from walmart for years....only problem is it tangles when you need it.......usually early morn. or at dark...

I got a strapper and couldn't be happier...it is 30 ft. and is a flat wind up strap on a reel no tangles...works great!!! Check gander mtn...they are cheaper there about $12.00.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... hasJS=true

Primos also has a nice camo type 30 ft. pull rope that is well made and is much thicker than the walmart brand. $4.99

Dave
tatman1315

strapper

Post by tatman1315 »

I have one of the strappers I love it no tangels.
TNhunterKMC

Post by TNhunterKMC »

I like my 3/8" camo rope. I used to use paracute cord and window blind cord in the past but it is more prone to tangling and also a little harder to get a good gripe on while pulling up my weapon of choice (rifle, shotgun, muzzleloader, bow, xbow).