Scent stix question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

boogap

Scent stix question

Post by boogap »

Anyone ever tried these? The ones you light and they burn releasing scent in the smoke...
Are they safe in dry woods? What are the best ones this time of the year? (they come in dominant buck, estrous doe, and apple...I'm thinking apple)
Thanks.
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I've used them and can't say that they have helped, at least not that I noticed. But others have had success with them. Maybe it's being in the right place at the right time with the right deer.

One thing I liked is that when hunting on the ground they give you a constant wind indicator.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
A.W

Post by A.W »

[quote="chris4570"One thing I liked is that when hunting on the ground they give you a constant wind indicator.[/quote]

That's about it. Expensive wind indicators. :wink:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
boogap

Post by boogap »

Thanks for the replies guys. I figured this year I'd save money ask first instead a buying all the gadgets. Just fillin up the truck is using up all my hunting budget :evil:

I thought maybe those smoke stix would be nice in my doghouse blind...just zip up the door and windows, light one up and put on some tunes.... :lol: