rubber blunts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ch312

rubber blunts

Post by ch312 »

i was wondering if anyone has 1 or 2 rubber blunts they could sell to me. im looking for the ones that slip on and will fit gold tip 2's.

thanks for any help
Digger

Post by Digger »

I have 5 of these red rubber blunts in my archery drawer. Are these what you are looking for. They slip over the insert or over a field point.

Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
hoop235

Post by hoop235 »

Digger, Where did you purchase the rubber blunts? I destroyed two Gold Tip 2's this past weekend unloading my Max. Both bolts struck a rock underground. How do you guys unload your X-bows without damaging bolts? Does anyone make a bolt just for unloading a X-bow. (i.e. solid aluminum etc...)
DOXNUT

Post by DOXNUT »

HOOP..........try cocking your bow by hand. If you can, then try putting it down using your hands. It's not hard as long as you have the strings weight before pulling the trigger with your thumb.
Digger

Post by Digger »

DOXNUT wrote:HOOP..........try cocking your bow by hand. If you can, then try putting it down using your hands. It's not hard as long as you have the strings weight before pulling the trigger with your thumb.
You can try that if your using a Vixen or Pheonix, but if your using a more powerful bow than those I suggest wearing gloves that you can get a grip with. You could lose some skin off your fingers or at least have your fingers sting for awhile if the string slips.

Hoop235, I bought those at Gagnon's sports several years ago but they haven't reopened since their fire earlier this year. I carry an old bolt with a judo point and fire it into soft ground to yake up the shock.

Digger
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Adam

Post by Adam »

i use my cocking aid and a piece of bailing twine to unload my exomag. or i have my buddy pull the trigger.
hoop235

Post by hoop235 »

Thanks guys, unfortunately I have neither the size or the strenght to uncock my bow by hand. I'm trying to figure out some way to shoot it into the ground without damaging bolts all of the time. I hunt in a very rocky area and I thought the rubber blunt tip might keep the bolt from penetrating the ground so deep. Is there a limit to the maximum weight of a bolt? What about a solid aluminum or even steel bolt that has the same diameter of the GT2's that a person could shoot into the ground without being destroyed every time it hit something???
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I carried a target in my van for a while. I would shoot an arrow with a field tip to unload.

Now I uncock my bow by hand. I have a 175lb Exocet. It's really not bad. Just make sure you are pulling up on the string before you trip the trigger with your thumb.

I'm not a big guy either so if I can do it you could too!
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
Digger

Post by Digger »

Adam wrote:i use my cocking aid and a piece of bailing twine to unload my exomag. or i have my buddy pull the trigger.
That is not recomnmendes by Excalibur, if the hooks slips or the handle slips from your hand you could be in trouble, especially if your hunting in cold and damp or snowy weather.
Digger
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

hoop235 surely you can get a couple of Alum. 2219's with field tips to shoot in the ground. Alum. bolts are cheap or make yourself up a couple.

It is the best and safe way to unload.... :D
Digger

Post by Digger »

hoop235 wrote:Thanks guys, unfortunately I have neither the size or the strenght to uncock my bow by hand. I'm trying to figure out some way to shoot it into the ground without damaging bolts all of the time. I hunt in a very rocky area and I thought the rubber blunt tip might keep the bolt from penetrating the ground so deep. Is there a limit to the maximum weight of a bolt? What about a solid aluminum or even steel bolt that has the same diameter of the GT2's that a person could shoot into the ground without being destroyed every time it hit something???
You can use an old bolt that has a slight bend in it as your only shooting the ground with it, if it breaks you find another. I get my friends to give me their bent arrows and bolts for this purpose.
Digger
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
hoop235

Post by hoop235 »

I'll try to find some 2219 Alum bolts with field tips and see how that works. I hunted three times this weekend and ruined two GT2's unloading it into the ground. Not real good odds and kinda expensive too. LOL Thanks for your input, this is a great site for information.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

hoop235 I have a few old 2219's if'n ya can't find any. If you need them PM me your address or e-mail at....

[email protected]
Furor

Post by Furor »

I unloaded my exo 200 into a dead tree this weekend and my arrow is still out there, I pulled on it for about 5 minutes and gave up.
BOB VANDRISH

Rubber blunts

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

The easiest and best way to uncock your bow is to use the rope cocking aid,and put it back on the bow,bring it up tight with one hand,and pull the trigger with the other.
I have done this on my Exocet many times,without a hitch!.
Watch you don't hit your knuckles on the back end of the scope!
You need to take up the slack really tight before you pull the trigger.
Bob.
Bob Vandrish.