Recurve

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BigUgly

Recurve

Post by BigUgly »

Although I really enjoy using my xbow, and will never stop using it I would like to give traditional archery a try. On a recent moose hunt(skunked)I did a fair amount of scouting and let me tell you if you have never walked miles in a Black Spruce swamp I really advise not to do it with an xbow. Saying that does anyone on this fourm have a good dealer to pass me on to. Our local gun shop has no recurves. Better yet anybody have a used one. Ontario only.
Quickshot

Post by Quickshot »

Hey BigUgly, how you doing, I left you a PM. Anyway you know about Archery Exclusive here in Lindsay. Link below.

Oh and buy the way, I want to thank you for the long walks through the black spruce swamps with a 6.5lbs crossbow it was lots of fun!

www.archeryexclusive.com
enjoy the woods
Doug
footed shaft

recurve

Post by footed shaft »

Doug,You may want to give The Bow Shop a call, George has lots of recurves for you to try out.He is located in Kitcherner/Waterloo area,in the same building as The Gun Room. The whole building is called Shooters Choice. Bill :D
DOXNUT

Post by DOXNUT »

BIGUGLY...............I hear ya, tracking the thick black spruce swamps sure is tricky with an xbow.
TYE

Post by TYE »

Does that Archery Exclusive shop sell compound bows?
Digger

Post by Digger »

Tye, Why don't you try these places in town for a bow, the some times have used bows or bows on consignment.

Accuracy Plus
Hwy #7
East-Shoe City Plaza
Peterborough, ON
K9J 6X8 Cda
705-740-0063

Saugeen Shafts
285 Lansdowne Street, E.
Peterborough, ON
K9J 6X9 Cda
705-749-1533
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
wabi

Post by wabi »

You might want to check with bj. I think he sells CheckMate bows. IMHO the best buy in a custom recurve or longbow there is!
wabi
dough

Post by dough »

Archer's Nook in London has a great selection of Check Mates. I have a Crusader ( 62" longbow) that I ordered custom made. Great value. Nicest part is the arrow still blows through the deer, you just don't have to look as far on the other side as with the excalibur!
TYE

Post by TYE »

Digger wrote:Tye, Why don't you try these places in town for a bow, the some times have used bows or bows on consignment.

Accuracy Plus
Hwy #7
East-Shoe City Plaza
Peterborough, ON
K9J 6X8 Cda
705-740-0063

Saugeen Shafts
285 Lansdowne Street, E.
Peterborough, ON
K9J 6X9 Cda
705-749-1533
Accuracy only has crossbows, that's where I got my Pheonix. Saugeen shafts is where I'm thinking of buying the Hoyt compound that I want. I was in there the other day.