Mystery deepens!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hoss

Post by Hoss »

no tracks.. food gone...= Giraffe :lol:
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Hoss wrote:no tracks.. food gone...= Giraffe :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

A fellow hunter getting free apples for his stand 100 yards over. :wink: He dumped on your spot to send the deer away...over to his stand. :wink:
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
grizzled47

mystery deepens

Post by grizzled47 »

Hi Guys,
Well, at least I'm getting some laughs from this post! :lol: There were some faint tracks this morning, but nothing convincing. I would say they were about the size of a big dog, and there were two sizes. Approx 2 1/2 inches wide and 3 to 4 inches long. I took some pics, but they turned out blurred. I have included one, so see what you think. Tonight I have smoothed out the soil and wet it, then smothed it again!! :twisted: It's like newly laid cement, and if we don't get good imprints this time, I'll eat my bow!!
I have sent off for a trail cam today, and look forward to using it. It's the Moultrie digital spy game camera. Maybe then we will SEE what is roaming around here!! I'm begining to edge towards Raccoons!! I'll keep you posted!
this is one of the pics from this morning. There are two imprints, side by side. Not too good I'm afraid.
Grizzled
If at first you don't succeed...try again!!
Grizzled.
The Pistoleer

Post by The Pistoleer »

2 size tracks...like I said probably a raccoon, front and back.

Pete
Be Safe, Have Fun
Tar Heel

Post by Tar Heel »

You can stretch a piece of sewing thread about 15inches high close to your bait and the coons and small animals will feed under it and the deer and bear will break it.
It works for me.
The old man from the mountain
grizzled47

mystery deepens

Post by grizzled47 »

Thanks for the sewing thread tip Tar Heel, it sounds like a good ploy! Nothing turned up last night!! :x Wouldn't you just believe it? I have the ground laid out for some good imprints, and the apple stealer decides to give it a miss! :roll: But this "miss a night" has been happening all the time, so I am confident they will be out for "Thanksgiving" supper tonight, and we will have some good tracks in the morning!.
Are any of you guys using the Moultrie game spy camera, Model No MFH-DGW-100 ? If so, what do you think of it!
Thanks,
Grizzled.
If at first you don't succeed...try again!!
Grizzled.
The Pistoleer

Post by The Pistoleer »

You might try stringing the threads a various hights. That way you will know how tall it is.

Pete
Be Safe, Have Fun
maple

Post by maple »

Grizzled47,

No doubt about the coon theory. I've had the same mystery for a couple of weeks. Feed gone, no tracks. Last night I was sitting in that stand and eight coons visited the feed in the two hours before dark. And who knows how many before dawn. They ate so much they had to lie down and rest before leaving. Your pics are coon tracks for sure. Good luck. I coulda' shot them, but i'll try and come up with some other solution.

Maple
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

I agree its coons.
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

I say coons too.....But I love a good mystery.... :wink:
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
rtcdir

Post by rtcdir »

I also think coons. We has a similar situation at our place. 150 lbs of corn and 20 los of aapples gone and no clear tracks. Then we saw them two coons helping themsleves.
billert

Post by billert »

Coons. They used to steal my corn and apples. Probably more then one and they dont weight much so dont leave prints. Wet and pack the soil really, really good or have it really muddy. You'll get all sorts of good prints.
Where's the deer?