Scope or Fiber Optic Sight with peep?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Jesuslovesyou

Scope or Fiber Optic Sight with peep?

Post by Jesuslovesyou »

Just wondering if most of you shoot a scope or the peep that comes on the bows. I am new to crossbows. I bought a exocet 200. It shoots great. I was thinking about getting the excalibur scope but don't really know if I need it. I haven't ever shot a scoped crossbow. I can hit a milk lid at 30 yds. Which one would give me the most accurate distance?
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world throught him might be be saved. John 3:17
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

no comparison-use a scope. It allows you to hunt longer and allows a more accurate picture. I shoot peeps all t he time since I am a serious target crossbow archer but I hunt with a scope
TNC and ACF Member
NFAA and NAA Certified Coach
Digger

Post by Digger »

I scope all my crossbows with varizones. 8) :D
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
PRB

Post by PRB »

I like the peep. It's simplicity and dependability matches my Vixen perfectly. I also have used and will probably always keep my Varizone scope that works flawlessly and I have never heard of ant problems with them but will probably not go back to it until my eye sight is worse.
Good luck
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!
DOXNUT

Post by DOXNUT »

I'm with Digger! Vari-zone scope on all my bows.
Jesuslovesyou

Post by Jesuslovesyou »

Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll have to get one and try it.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world throught him might be be saved. John 3:17
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

The scope works better in low light, you can shoot earlier in the morning and later at night then with your peep site. You also have yardage markers for 10, 20, 30 ,40 and 50 yards which helps with accuracy.
TYE

Post by TYE »

I have the fibre optic sight right now, but I'm gonna order a Varizone from BJ soon. :)
wabi

Post by wabi »

I like the simplicity of the fiber optic & peep, but my eyes like a scope :lol: As you get older the sights tend to get "fuzzier" :wink:
wabi
Harry Crabtree

scope

Post by Harry Crabtree »

Guys, on this varizone scope that Excalibur sells, are there any internal markings that help you determine which dot to put on the deer? There are scopes that say "if the deers chest is between this line and that line, then use this dot. Didn't know if the Varizone scope had any of these internal helps to help you determine which dot to use. Thx
I always get the last words at my house, "Yes Dear"