moles in my yard

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hatchet jack

moles in my yard

Post by hatchet jack »

,,, how do you get rid of moles in my yard,,,i have tried everything no luck,,,,,have not tried nitro yet. one of you guys know how, to get rid of those critters.

h.j.
Deer Dave

Post by Deer Dave »

peanut butter on a mouse trap?
dw

Post by dw »

i had moles. they eat grubs. get rid of the grubs and your moles will dissapear
"dw"
"you gotta love it"
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

My dad ran the exhaust from his riding lawnmower down the hole for a little while, then moved on and did the next one. No more moles. (cough, cough!)
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

dw wrote:i had moles. they eat grubs. get rid of the grubs and your moles will dissapear
"dw"
Ditto...
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
korey99

Post by korey99 »

How about getting a cat or two...worked for me!

korey99
hatchet jack

Post by hatchet jack »

thanks for the advice,i have used everything you suggested,,,,,,,,i have tried everything,,,,,,,,,deer dave are you serioud about peanut butter & mouse trap,,,,explane how you use that. we are presentpl trying to kill all the grubs & night crawlers,,,,,never tries lawnmower exaust.

thanks h.j.
chessy

Post by chessy »

if your yard is not big ... try the spinning thing you can buy ie sunflowers, men that look like they are running ect ect ... the vibration that runs down the steel stake drives them nuts .. they will leave area ...... there are 3 differernt kinds of grubs.... 2 will already be beyond chemical control the other will be going down deep into the grass soon ... i would wait till next year , as soon as you see the first june bug hit your lawn with diazon or sevin .. there is one product that is expensive but works wonders..it is called MERIT it is made by bayer ... i dont know if people without pesticide lic can buy it or not..... those are your only choices ... but i would but the windmills in my yard to stop some damage... they look dumb but work
jay73

Post by jay73 »

Deer Dave wrote:peanut butter on a mouse trap?
I don't know about the peanut butter, but you should be able to knock them off with snap traps. Moles will tunnel through the grass, set up some snap traps in their tunnels and I would be very surprised if you dont get any.

The lads with the grub suggestions are right too. This would be a primary cause of the problem.

I'm in the killing business myself. :oops: I've had my fair share of dead things. LOL :lol:

They used to have these big metal spike traps that you place in their tunnels in the grass. Man, they looked mean, I never got to see any work though - maybe before my time.

Good luck.
150 lb Wolverine
165 lb Exocet
175 lb Phoenix
Deer Dave

Post by Deer Dave »

I have had excellant results catching mice and other small rodents by putting peanut butter on a mouse trap...instead of cheese.. Just spread a litle pb on the brass clip and set the spring....it works great....buy 4 traps and try it...
The Pistoleer

Post by The Pistoleer »

The mole spears traps work but getting rid of the grubs is the best over all solution. Like mentioned it is a bit late in the season for the grubs. I would try the wirly gigs for now and maybe the mole spear trap.. In the spring work on the grubs.

Pete
Be Safe, Have Fun
TYE

Post by TYE »

You could always have some target practice with your bow ;)
pdislow

Post by pdislow »

while you are trying different stuff, try chewing up a piece of juicy fruit chewing gum just enough to make it look like a slug, and place it in one of their trails. when they eat it it is supposed to killem.cheap and easy and it may even work. good luck!
thanks philip
mblaney

Post by mblaney »

Best way is to use a spiked mole trap. I found a picture on one on the net at one time; my dad made one and it worked great. Found one here

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/ ... cs&afsrc=1

Place over existing tunnel, jam spikes into ground to make sure they can penetrate and load. If it is triggered, do not remove spikes, dig it up or block his tunnel first. You don't want to let the little sh!t go!
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

pdislow wrote:while you are trying different stuff, try chewing up a piece of juicy fruit chewing gum just enough to make it look like a slug, and place it in one of their trails. when they eat it it is supposed to killem.cheap and easy and it may even work. good luck!
This works for ground hogs also, you do not have to chew it though, just put it out and in your case in the tunnels, they eat it but can't digest it and it blocks their system up, a little cruel I think but it works is the bottom line.... :twisted: