Parker Xbow?????????

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Deer Dave

Parker Xbow?????????

Post by Deer Dave »

I have owned a parker terminator for 6 weeks....so far I am not to pleased with its performance or durability. This is what I have experienced in 250-300 shots. 2 failed String Servings .......Cable servings are loose already and ready to pop.....teflon rails are NOT even and are 3/32" off level ...consistant 7 o'clock shaft and nock wear because of this....it eats string leeches like candy...recoil pad is separating...teflon rails are known to become "unglued"...bad serving stress (separation) from the trigger catch...poor quality and straightness specs. on their Super Carbon Magnum Bolts....was told by the dealer to use rail lube...AND WAS TOLD by Parker reps...to NOT use rail lube!!!!!!!!!

Shall I continue?

Maybe its time for an Excalibur and or a Ten Point :D :D :D

Dave
Last edited by Deer Dave on Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TYE

Post by TYE »

Hey I just read this over at Archery Talk, lol.
Deer Dave

Post by Deer Dave »

Tye, yep...posted my fustration over there too!
Orion

Sorry to hear!

Post by Orion »

I know I love my Exomax it was recomended, I have had mine for 4 years not a bit of trouble except my scope rings (Weaver are rusted).
They are a great xbow and dependable! And good service from what Ive heard on the site hear.
BigBird-VA

Post by BigBird-VA »

Zero trouble from the Excaliburs I have. I fell in the dark in the swamp over a cyprus knee. Threw the xbow 10 feet. Went back and shot it to make sure it was on. The arrows touched. What more can you ask for in a piece of gear?

I have a BIG bruise on my inner thigh from that knee I fell on. Another inch or 2 and I might have had a bigger problem than hitting the X! LOL
Now you know why the xbow went 10 feet.
terry-1

parker

Post by terry-1 »

I had a parker safari for a few months myself. I liked the style and feel of the crossbow and it shoot well. One of the plastic rails came loose and had to be reglued after about 150 shots. I sold it mainly because I was afriad it was not going to last with my heavy use I shoot my crossbow year around and hunt with it for 90+days every year from 90degree to well below freezeing.
Beaver

Post by Beaver »

I was very interested in the Parker before I bought My excalibur. The problems encountered were the rails out of alignment, kept coming loose, and the riser assembly kept coming loose from the stock. When the owner decided to really tighten it up with thread locker, it stripped out.

I think Parker compounds are top of the line, in fact, the best by far. Their crossbows are not yet at the same level of engineering and quality.
I never was as good as I used to be.
taxman

Post by taxman »

get yourself a 10 pt or excal. chalk the $$ up to a learning experience.

i think that parker was one of the main reasons that virginia started allowing xbows this year. of course, their xbows are made in virginia. im sure its going to help their bottom line.

so thank you PARKER for getting xbows on virginia(but im going to buy only excal or a 10 pt)
Deer Dave

Re: parker

Post by Deer Dave »

terry-1 wrote:I had a parker safari for a few months myself. I liked the style and feel of the crossbow and it shoot well. One of the plastic rails came loose and had to be reglued after about 150 shots. I sold it mainly because I was afriad it was not going to last with my heavy use I shoot my crossbow year around and hunt with it for 90+days every year from 90degree to well below freezeing.

terry-1...I feel the same way...I enjoy shooting it also...but am always waiting for the next problem to arise...they are not a precise made xbow, as far as quality.

Dave