Would you like more accuracy from your Excalibur?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

Designer 2
EVERYBODY likes your idea and concept. No one is even suggesting that it is a poor concept. We all admire your workmanship as well. However, a few of us have raised (not as objections or attacks on your work) questions from a legal and practical standpoint. You appear not to hear the intent with which the points are raised. I think all of us would like to see you have success with your idea. However, you could really learn from the over 2,000 years of deer hunting experience (AW's poll) that exists on this forum. Try to hear us as raising points that will improve your product and provide us all with the opportunity to use it legally in the future.

Kendo kid
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur
TYE

Post by TYE »

designer 2 wrote:Would you like more accuracy from your Excalibur?
Is it even possable? :lol: :lol:
designer 2

Post by designer 2 »

Kendo Kid

That was a very good responce on your part. It shows there are some mature ethical people out there.
I have heard the intent of some of the questions but sometimes it's hard to explain in words all the experience I have had with this concept over the last 22 years. I have hunted dear with a bow for quite a while and shot my first in 1967. I have experienced many arrows in many animals and have seen the results. I am also the only one here with any experience with this. I thought I had answered the questions of legality and practicality. I guess not. Very sorry. If you have specific questions, I promise to try my best to cover them better.

Thanks again
My mind is made up. Do not confuse me with the facts.
designer 2

Post by designer 2 »

Tye:

Why not. It may be hard to see it right now, but it's still just a bow and arrow. Right?
ch312

Post by ch312 »

i dont see a bright future for this thing. good luck trying to get all the regs changed to exempt this bow.

sure its a good idea but the way i see it is you shouldnt get your hopes up for mass producing these like excals or other big name bows.
designer 2

Post by designer 2 »

ch312

What is it about the product you see a problem with? Keep in mind that before you answer, ALL bow companies and MOST of the people on all of the message boards are looking for better products that will make them more accurate. There is NO product to make them a better hunter. That comes from years of learning through experience.
TYE

Post by TYE »

designer 2 wrote:Tye:

Why not. It may be hard to see it right now, but it's still just a bow and arrow. Right?
I was only kidding around, because in my opinion Excalibur bows are already super duper accurate crossbows.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Not sure how they will fit the legal bill ... but I can see them in some guys collections in the future ....

From a trades man's point of view .... a tidy bit of eng / machining went into those prototypes !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Hi5 wrote:Have you tried bow draw weight in the Exomax range?

What was the top end chronographing?

One thing for sure, gentlemen, is that the bow quiver would be a dainty thing!
If you haven't gone to bed already...... :D
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
ch312

Post by ch312 »

ya everyone wants products which are more accurate but i find it highly unlikely that people who own top quality bows like excals and tenpoints will sell them to buy one like yours.

replacable blades for the arrows or permanent?

not really safe using an arrow like that IMHO. no matter what your close to a sharp point or blades. with a normal bolt the blades dont come close to your skin for loading or unloading.

sure it may be good for you but it isnt very practical for the average hunter.
designer 2

Post by designer 2 »

Thanks R.J.

Hi5

No I haven't tried the Exomax. The bow I have is the Exocet and because of the fact I had to deal with exsisting parts, the power stroke is only 14-3/4". With a 450 grain 6" arrow, I was getting 285 FPS.

ch312

Do not mean to hurt your feelings, but I have experienced a lot of prejudice. It's understandable.

The arrows are permanent.

Arrow safety --- I already have a quiver/loader design that keeps each arrow totally enclosed even while loading. You will not need to touch the arrow while out in the field. Also, keep in mind the a loaded arrow is totally enclosed in the track so you cannot cut or stab yourself with it if you fall. Also, if an arrow is damaged prior to loading and you do not realize it, when you shoot, the pieces will not hit you in the face if the arrow blows up. All parts will go out of the track.
TYE

Post by TYE »

Designer, you've obviously put quite a bit of thinking into this.
doegirl

Post by doegirl »

Designer: Hi there and a couple questions. Sorry if they've been covered already.
1. How do you prevent the slits in carbon arrow from cracking? I mean, it seems like the blades would be pushed to the rear of the slits, possibly causing cracks/splits. Hit something solid, like bone, and it seems that blades would be pushed backwards and split the shaft.
2. How does one keep the broadheads sharp in the "muzzle" (for lack of a better term). Is there blade contact in the "barrel" when the bow is fired?
"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
-Thomas Jefferson
designer 2

Post by designer 2 »

Doegirl:

Very good questions.

1. The tail of the arrow is not carbon. It's molded glass-filled nylon. Each blade has slots stamped in them that the plastic flows through during the molding process. The plastic holds the blades in and the blades keep the plastic portion straight. They are incredibly strong. To add, the tip is machined in a special way so that it cannot spin or pull out. The structural designs are burried in the plastic tail or ferrule section. The arrow in the photo is an obvious hand made prototype.

2.The sharp portions of each blade never touch a thing. The arrow rides on ram extruded UHMW polyethyene guide strips which are slid into opposing rails inside the track or barrel. It is a self-healing, self-lubricating plastic that never wears out. Being that each blade is sharpened which results in a beveled edge, It is totally impossible for the blades to cut the guide strips as they are shot.
I'd like to add that each blade is sharpened more on one edge than the other. This causes the arrow to spin for greater accuracy. This differential sharpening is easy when the blades are made.
DT10Sam

Post by DT10Sam »

I have been following this thread and there seems to be some interest and of course just curiosity on some of the shooters on this thread. Oftne whenever someone comes out with a product or a conversion of some sort on a product out there on the market it will generate interest. I often wonder why someone does not contact the manufacturers of Excalibur to see if this conversion would be interst to their bows.

If I would want to market this kit I would want it nmarketed by the manufacturing company of the crossbow for many reasons and one is for the warranty of the bow.

The fine folks of Excalibur are very understanding people nad have spent many years researching their product and continue to do research of making their product better (if that is at all possible).

I do not only own an Exomax I also sell and endorse their product exclusively. I have had other crossbows in my store that did not compare with the quality, accuracy and customer support that Exclaibur strives to be No. 1 in the industry.

Coming out with a product in attempts to make Excalibur be able to shoot accurately at 60 yards is not osmething that we require out there on the market. I have been an avid bowhunter for years and have decided to go to a crossbow this year for the first time. I do not remember ever shooting an arrow over 30 yards in the all of the years of bowhunting.

Why fix something that is not broke, I enjoy seeing other inventions and their attempts to make things better, however I do not see this product as an incentive to go out and purchase it for my Excalibur. I also would find it difficult to market this product.

I guess this product would have been better displayed on another crossbow that needs to have the accuracy increased or product improved.

Just my opinion.

Best regards,
Sam