back to the taget range I go.....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

WAB

back to the taget range I go.....

Post by WAB »

I was out last night....came to the edge of a cut corn field and to my suprise, 1 small doe and 1 nice sized 4 pt buck. I laid down prone, and waited, he cam right to me..20 yards, clear shot broadside...LOL - I missed. Arrow went just over his back. He ran about 40 yards and turn around to see what the hell just happend, then into the bush he went. I will be heading back there tonight after taking a few test shots first.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Did you find your arrow ? ( probably not as shooting prone would have flung it quite a distance ! :lol: )

What went wrong ? .... range estimate ??

Good luck , next time out !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
WAB

Post by WAB »

No we looked for it and could not find it. 3 of us did walk his foot steps for a real distance just to make sure that there was no blood what so ever. There was nothing to be found which makes me feel better knowing it is not just injuried. I think I must have just figured the distance wrong.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

WAB wrote :
I think I must have just figured the distance wrong.
It happens to everybody sometime or another .....

Better Luck , next time out !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
pdislow

Post by pdislow »

coulda been a deflection ...awful lota "stuff" down low like that. just a thought . i hope you getem next time!!
thanks philip