Muzzy 100s from an Exomax

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mfh

Muzzy 100s from an Exomax

Post by mfh »

Just thought I would post that I just shot a couple rounds at 20-30yds with my Exomax and Muzzy 100 grain three blade...thay performed perfectly.

I have the original Wasps that came with the package (Boss SSTs)...and have ordered the replacement blades...but in the meantime, I was wondering if the Muzzy's would do well..they did just fine. Not sure if they will perform as well at 50 yds (my back yard is only 30yds across)...but then, I do not intend to shoot deer that far...so from my perspective...the Muxxys are a perfect substitute for the Wasps...at least out to 30 yds.

Its nice to know since you can almost always find Muzzys in any shop...where the Wasps are much harder to find...
TYE

Post by TYE »

I was shooting Wasp Boss 100gr's out to 50 yards, and they didn't group for poop at 40 and 50 yards. They were all over the target. My field tips grouped great at 40 and 50 though. So I know it's not me.
Todd the archer

Post by Todd the archer »

I have used the Muzzy 4 blade 100 grain heads and they flew fine even out to 50 yards. Just took a doe last week at 20 yards worked perfectly. Just my experience so far. I shoot an Exomag with 20" carbon arrows.

Todd
Northerner

Post by Northerner »

I am using the 3 blade 100 grain Muzzy's and am very pleased.
Beaver

Post by Beaver »

I personally favor the Muzzy 4 blade 100 grain over the Wasp Boss(which is a great head) I think it is currently the best fixed blade broadhead available. My reason for saying this is that it is the only fixed blade broadhead that I have ever got to fly exactly with field points from recurve, compound, and crossbow. They fly great from my Vixen with vanes and just a slight right offset, no helical.

I take a ceramic stick and and run it flat across two edges at a time of the trocar tip. I put the blades in an X-acto knife handle and strop them on a piece of leather treated with baseball glove oil and jackson's #5 red rouge. You can then breathe on them and hear the microbes scream as they are cut in half :lol:
I never was as good as I used to be.
speedball

Post by speedball »

Just my opinion here but i will stick with the slick tricks, shot muzzy's one season and had nothing but bad luck.. :(
gone huntin never to return................