TURKEY RECIPES WANTED

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GREYWOLF

TURKEY RECIPES WANTED

Post by GREYWOLF »

:D :?: I skined out my turkey and got 2 large skinless breasts fillets and 2 skinless legs, I want to have it for Thanksgiving dinner . and wonder if any of you guy's have any good recipes for this type of turkey ?? I know since the skin is gone it can dry out quickly and I dont want to ruin our dinner . Thanks GREYWOLF
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
jeff

Post by jeff »

I use this for geese. Might be good for turkey as well.

2 cups ketchup
1 package dry onion soup mix
1 can coke

Do this in a crock pot of 8 hrs and its great. I sometimes cut the ketchup with bbq sauce.

later

jeff
TYE

Post by TYE »

I wonder if you can cook a turkey like you cook a beer chicken.

http://www.outofthefryingpan.com/recipe ... butt.shtml
wabi

Post by wabi »

Try one of the recipes listed at http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/wildlife/Hun ... ecipes.htm
I've tried the deep fried wild turkey nuggets with an older bird, and they were good! With a young bird I might try the marinated wild turkey rolls. Sounds like a good way to fix the breast meat!
wabi
hatchet jack

Post by hatchet jack »

i have grilled several skinless wild turkey breast on the grill, by using daddy hinkley instant meat marinade,,,,,i use the original,, it is good and tender----www.daddyhinkles.com no reason why legs wouldnt work.

hatchet jack
Tom

Post by Tom »

Greywolf if you want to still roast the turkey you might try this. It is a 2 part flour to 1 part oil to make a paste. Spread it on the bird about 1/4'' thick. This will become a crust wich will just break off (crumble) when the bird is finished cooking.

Sometimes it does not become a crust, but then just scrape it off, but it will prevent the turkey from drying out.

Hope this helps.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
speedball

Post by speedball »

hope i get to try any recipes, i got pack of 9 and 19 coming into the homemade feeder out of a 55 gallon drum, cant wait to send that bolt "turkey express"!!!!!! speedball................................ :D
gone huntin never to return................
wabi

Post by wabi »

Speedball,
Hope you're aware it's illegal to shoot turkeys over bait in Ohio!
(but nothing says you can't get 'em coming to it or going from it :wink: )
wabi
BryanOney

Turkey

Post by BryanOney »

I have been deep frying tureys lately in those kits you can buy at Cabelas. They make for some mighty fine eating.
Curdog

recipe

Post by Curdog »

Hey Craig, take the breast, and cut across the grain into 1/2 inch cutlets, soak in butter milk that has salt, black and red pepper added, for a few hours. Then grill, but dont over cook, finish with a good bar-b-que sauce. Its hard to beat this way, or if you are going to cook in the oven, marinate the breast halfs in Italian dressing (we use the cheap kind from the Dollar Store, bout a dollar a bottle) then cook in a 350 degree oven untill done, use meat thermometer. I like the grilled best, or take the first recipe and brown in a big skillet, add sauce, cook on low, untill done. I hope this helps, we have cooked a lot of turkeys like this. And use the same on deer loin, cant go wrong.
Curdog
Tennessee Tom

wild turkey

Post by Tennessee Tom »

I breast out bird soak over night in salt water get the sinue off cut in small nuggets marinate in good soy base marinate I use Allegro may not be avaliable in Canada then I take green bell peppers red and yellow bell peppers onion and cut all of that up in 1 or 1-1/2 inch pieces and after turkey is marinated for say 45 min to an hour I line my grilling basket with bacon put the peppers an onion pieces on top of bacon then a layer of turkey then rest of peppers onions bacon on top of that put top on basket then cook on charcoal fire 15 min on each side some times I add a can of pinapple chunks in with the peppers and onions. We also do that with deer tender loin I try to have a 300 degree fire just don't let it get too don it will be tough-- I have also used the same recipe and put on skewers and wraped bacon around turkey nuggets .
Tennessee Tom

wild turkey legs

Post by Tennessee Tom »

All the wild turkey legs I have ever tried to eat were so tough I couldn't eat! May be they could be pressured.