Hmm, I have a question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TYE

Hmm, I have a question

Post by TYE »

Okay so here I am reading the regulations book.
It says area 73:
Oct. 1 - Nov. 6
Nov. 20 - Dec. 4
Dec. 11- Dec. 31

So I'm guessing I can't hunt Saturday (the 12th) (my birthday) with my crossbow? Is that right?
CYCLONE

Post by CYCLONE »

Tye,

I would say you could but I'm not you, if not, do a Special Covert O.P.

Good Luck
If you can't Dodge It, Ram IT
TYE

Post by TYE »

CYCLONE wrote:Tye,

I would say you could but I'm not you, if not, do a Special Covert O.P.

Good Luck
Special Covert O.P. ?
jay73

Post by jay73 »

Tye, I'd call in and ask.

I find a real grey area in these regulations of ours. :roll: Sometimes I find it doesn't really say in black and white that you can or can't do something. I called in the other day and they told me I could bowhunt in my WMU (64A) all during the rifle weeks, as long as I wear orange.

Good luck.
150 lb Wolverine
165 lb Exocet
175 lb Phoenix
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

TYE wrote: Special Covert O.P. ?
I think that's suppose to be code for "ignore the law"........not very bright if you ask me!!
TYE

Post by TYE »

j wrote:Tye, I'd call in and ask.

I find a real grey area in these regulations of ours. :roll: Sometimes I find it doesn't really say in black and white that you can or can't do something. I called in the other day and they told me I could bowhunt in my WMU (64A) all during the rifle weeks, as long as I wear orange.

Good luck.
Yeah that's what I did last year. I'll have my dad phone the MNR office in town here tomorrow and ask, while I'm at work. Cuz I really want to get out on my birthday if I can :)
GonHuntin wrote:
I think that's suppose to be code for "ignore the law"........not very bright if you ask me!!
I agree with you. I don't want to break the law.
TYE

Post by TYE »

Okay I looked a page ahead and it says:

2005 Regular Deer Seasons
(Rifles, Shotguns, Archery and Muzzle-loaders)

73 ...... Nov. 7 - Nov. 11 ......Archery, shotguns and muzzle-loading guns only;no dogs

Okay so I guess I was right as were you J. Atleast I'm pretty sure. I think I can hunt during that time, but I have to wear orange like the shotgun and muzzle-loader hunters.
CYCLONE

Post by CYCLONE »

GonHuntin wrote:
GonHuntin. If you REALLY new anything about this you would would know its all about sneeking and observing! Thats 95% percent of everything, being smarter than your prey/foe.
If you can't Dodge It, Ram IT
jay73

Post by jay73 »

Ya those dates you listed are the archery only weeks. Alot of the WMU's will also allow bowhunting during the gun weeks, but I think there are some that do not allow it.

Hope ya knock one down on your birthday. I'm hoping for the same scenario at the end of the month. The big 3-2 for me.

Birthday buck!! :lol:
150 lb Wolverine
165 lb Exocet
175 lb Phoenix
TYE

Post by TYE »

CYCLONE wrote:
GonHuntin wrote:
GonHuntin. If you REALLY new anything about this you would would know its all about sneeking and observing! Thats 95% percent of everything, being smarter than your prey/foe.
Okay, so I have no idea what you mean...

You mean Special Covert O.P. as in spend the day without a shotgun or crossbow and just observe?
TYE

Post by TYE »

j wrote:Ya those dates you listed are the archery only weeks. Alot of the WMU's will also allow bowhunting during the gun weeks, but I think there are some that do not allow it.

Hope ya knock one down on your birthday. I'm hoping for the same scenario at the end of the month. The big 3-2 for me.

Birthday buck!! :lol:

Yeah, I posted the Archery Only days and also the regular season days, and it says you can hunt with a bow/crossbow on those days also. I'm assuming I will have to wear orange though.
jay73

Post by jay73 »

TYE wrote: I'm assuming I will have to wear orange though.
Yup. We're better off that way anyways. You never know with some of those gunners out there.
150 lb Wolverine
165 lb Exocet
175 lb Phoenix
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

CYCLONE wrote: GonHuntin. If you REALLY new anything about this you would would know its all about sneeking and observing! Thats 95% percent of everything, being smarter than your prey/foe.
WOW....and I thought all you had to do was wear a scent lock suit!! :D

I'm pretty sure I understood exactly what you meant by "Special Covert O.P".....

PS: I believe the word you were looking for was KNEW........as in knew anything about this........hope your prey is not very smart! :D
TYE

Post by TYE »

j wrote:
TYE wrote: I'm assuming I will have to wear orange though.
Yup. We're better off that way anyways. You never know with some of those gunners out there.
Yep, I was out last year during the muzzleloader season with a crossbow, and there were a couple morons trespassing and they shot a buck in the corn field next to me. Turns out the guy who actually shot the buck, shot it was a .270, not a muzzleloader. Which made him ever more of a moron. Another thing that had me mad too, was that buck was actually headed right up towards my dad and I. It was a nice 8 pointer, with heavy body. My dad called the landowner with his cell phone and 2 seconds later the landowner came flying over in his ATV and caught the guys. Gave them @#*$ and told them to get lost. Since then we haven't had a problem.
TYE

Post by TYE »

GonHuntin wrote:
CYCLONE wrote: GonHuntin. If you REALLY new anything about this you would would know its all about sneeking and observing! Thats 95% percent of everything, being smarter than your prey/foe.
WOW....and I thought all you had to do was wear a scent lock suit!! :D

I'm pretty sure I understood exactly what you meant by "Special Covert O.P".....

PS: I believe the word you were looking for was KNEW........as in knew anything about this........hope your prey is not very smart! :D
:lol: