Hmm, I have a question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

CYCLONE

Post by CYCLONE »

GonHuntin wrote:
CYCLONE wrote: GonHuntin. If you REALLY new anything about this you would would know its all about sneeking and observing! Thats 95% percent of everything, being smarter than your prey/foe.
WOW....and I thought all you had to do was wear a scent lock suit!! :D

I'm pretty sure I understood exactly what you meant by "Special Covert O.P".....

PS: I believe the word you were looking for was KNEW........as in knew anything about this........hope your prey is not very smart! :D[/quot

You are right, you got me, I miss spelled a word. But I can still smell you.
If you can't Dodge It, Ram IT
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

Not unless you are downwind......or have a magic nose to go with your magic suit!! :lol:

By the way....you misspelled.....misspelled!!! :lol:
Last edited by GonHuntin on Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TYE

Post by TYE »

Okay girls... :lol:
CYCLONE

Post by CYCLONE »

No magic, I have just been around long enough to know were ignorance comes from. You can believe what you want, just don't call others Suckers for what they experience.
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

It's not a matter of ignorance, it's a matter of credibility........I choose to believe a scientist (who isn't trying to sell me something and can back his position with facts) over somebody who bought into wishful thinking and is now defending his purchase.........

I'm sure you are aware that drug interdiction dogs can and have found drugs sealed in plastic and submerged in a tank of diesel fuel......I don't believe a deer's sense of smell is quite as good as a dog's, but I think it's close enough that a carbon suit isn't going to fool it's nose....especially since the carbon suit doesn't completely seal off human odor because it doesn't cover all exposed skin and hair and does nothing about breath odors......by the way, did you know that it has been proven that animals "trail" humans through the tiny dead skin particles that we all constantly shed...........

Maybe I really do know just a bit more about it than you think..............
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Preach on Gonhuntin Preach on bro! :lol:
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
CYCLONE

Post by CYCLONE »

GonHuntin wrote:It's not a matter of ignorance, it's a matter of credibility........I choose to believe a scientist (who isn't trying to sell me something and can back his position with facts) over somebody who bought into wishful thinking and is now defending his purchase.........

I'm sure you are aware that drug interdiction dogs can and have found drugs sealed in plastic and submerged in a tank of diesel fuel......I don't believe a deer's sense of smell is quite as good as a dog's, but I think it's close enough that a carbon suit isn't going to fool it's nose....especially since the carbon suit doesn't completely seal off human odor because it doesn't cover all exposed skin and hair and does nothing about breath odors......by the way, did you know that it has been proven that animals "trail" humans through the tiny dead skin particles that we all constantly shed...........

Maybe I really do know just a bit more about it than you think..............

If you told me you had used them then you would have some credibility. Just pulling all your facts off the internet from self proclaimed experts does not give you credibility. I have not worried at all about drug sniffing dogs like you so I will take your word on that one with diesel fuel. I only began using Carbon products 2 years ago based on recommendations from a guide on a black bear hunt over bait/ the scent locks along with body washing and carbon spray (1/2 bottle per outing) and keeping all hunting cloths seperated in scent free bags until walking to hunting area. It has proven to be very successfull for me on Whitetail, Elk, Bear. You have no idea how little I care if you believe in the technology or not, just don't judge others based on your inexperience. I also have a MS of Science Degree and have friends North of Tulsa that can back all of this up. PM me if you want.
schimazzle

Post by schimazzle »

If i'm hunting private land in wmu 72a with no one else on it, do i still have to wear orange? Thanx schimazzle
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

Cyclone

It's not my credibility that is in question......I believe someone who works with carbon filtration systems and knows their limitations over someone who bought and uses a "magic suit"........that's all.......

You have provided no evidence that the article is wrong.....just your claims.....if you can point out facts that contradict what the man wrote.....I'm certainly willing to listen.....until then, I'll continue to believe the expert.......
BigUgly

Post by BigUgly »

Didn't read all the replies Tye but you can hunt on Saturday with your xbow. The only thing is you have to wear hunters orange at all times. This goes for all divisions private property or not.
TYE

Post by TYE »

schimazzle wrote:If i'm hunting private land in wmu 72a with no one else on it, do i still have to wear orange? Thanx schimazzle
Yeah you do have to wear orange.
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

[quote="I only began using Carbon products 2 years ago based on recommendations from a guide on a black bear hunt over bait/ the scent locks along with body washing and carbon spray (1/2 bottle per outing) and keeping all hunting cloths seperated in scent free bags until walking to hunting area. [/quote]

1/2 a bottle per outing!!! Wow, this guy must have shares in the company. Was it really the carbon suit and carbon spray that allowed you to take those animals?? I've hunted bear without any carbon suit or spray and have been successful!! They can't smell you if the wind is going from them to you. Last weekend I went deer hunting without showering in the morning, no carbon suit, clothes I had already worn and the buck I shot was standing seven yards from me. It's ALL about wind direction.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
TYE

Post by TYE »

chris4570 wrote:[quote="I only began using Carbon products 2 years ago based on recommendations from a guide on a black bear hunt over bait/ the scent locks along with body washing and carbon spray (1/2 bottle per outing) and keeping all hunting cloths seperated in scent free bags until walking to hunting area.
1/2 a bottle per outing!!! Wow, this guy must have shares in the company. Was it really the carbon suit and carbon spray that allowed you to take those animals?? I've hunted bear without any carbon suit or spray and have been successful!! They can't smell you if the wind is going from them to you. Last weekend I went deer hunting without showering in the morning, no carbon suit, clothes I had already worn and the buck I shot was standing seven yards from me. It's ALL about wind direction.[/quote]

Yep, you're right.