Boo's stock

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hi5

Re: Boo's stock

Post by Hi5 »

agingcrossbower wrote:

Yes, wood carving sounds great unless they x-ray it and see a firearm stock. I don't think they x-ray the packages DO THEY. Hell it took them a two months just to open the darn box. Maybe crossbow carving. :idea:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Just call it like it is. It's a crossbow stock. Period. Full stop. Perfectly legal, on both sides of the border.

Be sure to label it as made in the USA and it even qualifies as an item protected by the Free Trade Agreement so there is no Duty payable when it crosses the border. If it is a gift, there needs to be a clear statement that it is a gift, otherwise it could attract GST and PST (unless it's going to Alberta, and then it would be GST only. If it's not a gift, show the actual price so that the correct tax is paid. If you don't show the price, Customs may quess at the value, and that might be more unpleasant.

Whatever you do, DON'T send it by UPS or any courrier that charges brokerage fees for bringing it across the border. United States Postal Service is the least expensive shipper for cross border shipping.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
GaryM

Re: Boo's stock

Post by GaryM »

agingcrossbower wrote:I see I have much to learn grasshopper. I see a dim light at the end of the tunnel. Its either the end of the tunnel or a train. :D
Canadian National? :shock: Gary