"Banned from bear hunting in Ontario"

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Woody Williams

Re: Humm!

Post by Woody Williams »

BUCKSHOT wrote:Woody is sitting at home smiling, like usual when he contributes a post like this!
Start the fire and let the boys stoke it!
Way to go Woody! :lol: :wink:
Not really..

If I could pull the whole thread I'd do it..

Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
BUCKSHOT

Yeeah!

Post by BUCKSHOT »

Perhaps the next time you will not post a similar message Woody!
You have done this in the past, and there is always a controversial undertone as far as Canadian issues are involved!
Why don't you post something, other than Newstand, about the good things we can offer each other as friends and neighbours?
BTW I respect and appreciate the majority of your posts, stories and photos on this and other sites, I just feel that if you are going to regret it anyway, why post attachments to issues like this?
Enjoy the Harvest!
Tom

Post by Tom »

How in the world did this thread get to this point.

Woody I personally do not have a problem with your posts or topics that you put forth. Unfornatly you can't dictate how people will react of tread comments. Some people will react very quickly to something even if they do not have the whole story, that is the problem not the stories.

Posting informationis always good, it is what we as poeple do with that info is what matters. Just like this thread, if someone coming to Canada has learned what to do to not end up in the same situation as those in this story, then this thread was worth it.

Keep posting WW
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Thanks guys.

No way was the REPORTED treatment at the border have anything to do with how Canadians feel about Americans or visa versus.

It is a problem , I suppose, that has been brought up.

If any American is going to Canada on a hunt of any sort I am sure they will bring cameras, including some video cameras. Whether they will go under the same scrutiny at the border is unkown. It would make me stop and think though.

It is possible that this crew had caused problems in the past. As I said in an earlier post - This is ONLY one side of the story.

BTW - That same post is posted on numerous sites (I got it off of one site) and as far as a I know this is the only site that went ballistic on it.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
NightTrain

Post by NightTrain »

OK, getting back on topic:

A question: Why didn’t they just go hunting without the laptop and other equipment?

Solution: Ship the equipment back, go hunting, take a few pics, write a journal, and enjoy yourself.

Honestly, the agent didn’t ruin the "HUNTING" trip. You guys did. She pointed out an infraction and gave you an ultimatum. You simply didn’t take it.

If I was heading into Alaska on a Grizzly hunt and this happened to me, Id gladly take option B and go hunting with out my electronics. Lets look at the facts here, the first nations never needed laptops etc etc to hunt in our nation. Why do you? The next time you come for both hunting and business, you can take the appropriate steps. It's clear the main intent of these individuals was not hunting, they would have carried on.

You wanna talk about an issue here in Canada? Talk about the $60.00 handling fee that Air Canada charges hunters for the transport of their firearms.
patmax

Post by patmax »

May I please make the last post on this subject - this crap has got to stop.

Good hunting,
patmax