COYOTE'S LOOK OUT !!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Yeah ... it should be the locals in any given area who determine what's OK and what's not. It isn't anybody else's business. I hate it when arrogant know-it-alls from far away decide that a method traditional to a region and allowed by common consensus and law is "unethical" or "distasteful" or "unsportsmanlike." I'm glad I don't see that on this forum.

In most cases, who asked them? And besides, who cares what they think? Did someone die and make them the boss?

For instance, I've read a lot of nasty comments on forums concerning three deer-hunting methods long accepted in eastern North Carolina ... baiting deer, hunting deer with hounds, and long-distance, "bean-field" hunting with centerfire rifles from tripods or box blinds. Inevitably, some tree-stand user who hunts in open, park-like woods where you can see for a hundred yards and the terrain limits deer movement opines that it's not sporting to bait deer or run them into the open with hounds or snipe them from a distance. Never mind that these sky-sitting, trail-watching hunters couldn't BUY a deer down here in these honeysuckle tangles and cane thickets where you can't see 10 feet and where there's a deer trail every ten yards and no variation in terrain for miles on end ... they know what's best for us, and what's best for us is what they prefer, and what works where they hunt!

Everyone has an opinion about hunting methods, but when it comes to what others far away do, I think it's best to hold on to them.

Solidarity in purpose is a better goal than bickering about preferences and practices, and our purpose is to present a united front against forces that would steal away our right to legally hunt game.

One of the best things about this forum, in comparison to many others I've seen, is the lack of contention, strife, and posturing. I think it's the best hunting forum I've ever been a part of.

Grizz
TYE

Post by TYE »

I think you could just kill the coyote by dropping that battery on its head. :shock:
Martin

nice set-up

Post by Martin »

Nice set up you have there mate. Why the red lens cap? Forgive me if it a stupid question. Also, are coyote's aggressive and dangerous is injured?
I was hunting kangaroo's (yes, im Australian) on the weekend, and i tell you what, if you don't kill it first shoot, don't get too close to it until it is dead.

By the way, did you guys know that Australia is the only country in the world (that i am aware of) in which you are legally allowed to kill the animal icon.

Anyhow fellas, good hunting!!
You only live once!
vapredhunter

Post by vapredhunter »

Greywolf sweet rig looks like my Remington 700 .204 Ruger. In Virginia we are also allowed to shoot predators at night, had not thought about using my xbow thanks for the ideas. My wifes going to leave me for sure now.
hawg hunter

HUnting set up

Post by hawg hunter »

In Texas we hunt with that type of rig, at NIGHT FOR VERMIN,mainly hogs and coyotes. I've had aset up very similar for years. The light has to much weight and candle power. Red lights are great but if you leave one on that has a lot of power they melt the filter or give of a smell of plastic neither of which are great for your hunting .
rutman

Post by rutman »

Thats cool! I think it's a respectable set up as well. You choose a crossbow over a center fire when you could easily take em at 150 or 200 yrds. I think its a great looking set up and we should be so lucky as to be able to do the same. One den of coyotes prey on an average of 70 whitetail fawns by the time the pups are raised. Kill em dead! :twisted:
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!