Replacing the serving

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

A.W

Post by A.W »

gerald wrote:TYE where do you get your string reserved? In Peterborough? I would like to know so I can get mine done also. I don't mean at the same price though.
Probably Saugeen Shafts. I think he used to work there.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
rwk

Post by rwk »

bstout thanks. Rich
Rich

Post by Rich »

What size serving do you use, I've also heard of kite string being used.
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

Is the whole point of the serving is to protect the string from being damaged by the claws? I've got two very clear seperated parts of my serving where the claws seemed to have pushed the serving aside. Will the claws damage the string itself or is the "damage" to the serving simply because of the way it's wound and that the claw is able to get between the windings and push them apart? Thanks!
Bruno-TL

Replacing the Serving.

Post by Bruno-TL »

I seem to have a different problem with servings. My servings separate where the stringer clips push against the cocking mechanism at the very top of the cocking stroke. The angle is so acute that the clips push the serving apart at approx 1/4 inch from end of serving. Any suggestions?

Thom
wabi

Post by wabi »

Kite string is just a name used to refer to crossbow serving. Brownell & BCY both offer crossbow serving. It's .036 (inch) diameter & resin coated. I had a hard time finding it, but my local por-shop owner picked it up for me at a trade show.
wabi