tenpoint phantom

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TYE

Post by TYE »

Looks super cool but I can't afford something like that.
A.W

Post by A.W »

With the number of times the cable cross' over it looks more like one of those finger, string games I played when I was a kid.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

I couldn't afford it either Tye, but I see many advantages to hunting with it. I like sleek. Many times the turn around shot posses a problem because of the weith. With the leigth it will compensate for the string. I like it. I wounder if the noise is lesser or greater. I know my ten point is quiter than my Excal.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

mdcrossbow wrote:I couldn't afford it either Tye, but I see many advantages to hunting with it. I like sleek. Many times the turn around shot posses a problem because of the weith. With the leigth it will compensate for the string. I like it. I wounder if the noise is lesser or greater. I know my ten point is quiter than my Excal.
A yep mdcrossbow I have to agree, and yes sir mine any hows is a quieter xbow, however they are also much heavier which may be taking up some vibes, also shoot a heavier arrow which of course helps with the noise problem .... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
ALINALBERTA

Post by ALINALBERTA »

mdcrossbow, this is a quote off the Tenpoint forum by Randy(salesmanager) "it is VERY different then any other model. It is fast, quiet and no shock at all. It shoots like no other bow we have ever made." end quote..The more parallel limbs should help the shock quite a bit I would think. Also with the limbs swept to the rear more,that may help the balance a wee bit.

..Al.
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

Balance would be better, maybe when someone buys one and decideds to upgrade I'll buy the model, Digger LOL
Gary, I shoot the same arrows from my Excal in my Ten Point. The 2" longer helps to abtain a flatter flight in the ten point. I get the same "Hit on Point" with both. I might add that a 2" longer arrow would probably do better in the Excal but I haven't tried it sence it is doing so well as is.
speedball

Post by speedball »

from what ive heard the bow is qiute a performer without hardly any hand shock and very little shot noise, ive also been told the limbs only work a total of 2 inches back when cocked, i wished i had taken the trip to the tenpoint plant to see my friend there yesterday but i had christmas shopping to do with the wife, but i will and hopefully,and maybe i'll get to shoot it,speed........... :D :!:
gone huntin never to return................
Makomachine

Post by Makomachine »

I like it - narrow, fast, and accurate. The only question is weight and I'm guessing they used the Verton barrel of the profusion to keep the weight down but can't find that anywhere. If they did, it will be light as well. Not sure I'll be able to talk the wife into another purchase but it looks like a winner for my spring turkey blind. Given that, I'm headed to the woods to get another deer with the Phoenix - another keeper.
Excalibur Phoenix
Vari-Zone Scope
Steddy Eddy
Gold Tip LII / Blazer vanes / Tracer Nock / Slick Trick BH
Cedrus

Post by Cedrus »

Pretty cool crossbow IMHO. No, it's not an Excal but I like it.

Owned my Tenpoint Woodsman+ W/Accudraw for 5 years and just replaced the first string this fall. Oiling the rail and waxing the string is all that's been done for maintenance. :wink: :lol:
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

It's $1849 to $1999 depending on scope and cocking device choices.
"Eze 18:21"
Makomachine

Post by Makomachine »

I also found out it weighs in at about 9oz heavier than the proelite - or right at 8 lbs 12 oz. Just too heavy for my tastes - but sounds great other than that. Pricing is going to be too high to get past the wife as well - probably going to add a profusion to my collection in '07 but am waiting on the other couple of xbows that 10pt will be releasing info on soon. Until then, my Phoenix continues to do its job well.
Excalibur Phoenix
Vari-Zone Scope
Steddy Eddy
Gold Tip LII / Blazer vanes / Tracer Nock / Slick Trick BH
ALINALBERTA

Post by ALINALBERTA »

Here is the spec. sheet on the Phantom. I haven't seen anything concrete about price, did you get your numbers from a "source" awshucks? I am certain it will be up there though, comparing to the ProElite.
http://www.tenpointcrossbows.com/images ... hantom.pdf

..Al.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

ALINALBERTA wrote:Here is the spec. sheet on the Phantom. I haven't seen anything concrete about price, did you get your numbers from a "source" awshucks? I am certain it will be up there though, comparing to the ProElite.
http://www.tenpointcrossbows.com/images ... hantom.pdf

..Al.
The prices were posted today on HNI xbow forum by their Natl. Sales Manager. I'm not too good at link things, but this oughta get ya'll close:http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx ... 78&mpage=3
If not somebody can fix it, lol.
"Eze 18:21"
pokynojoe

Post by pokynojoe »

I've read with some amusement the comments made both about this bow, and the stryker. I feel that when companies demonstrate some innovation, the consumer benefits. I feel confident in stating that as the use of crossbows expands, we'll see more products being introduced, seems to me that's a good thing.

As far as cost, I've heard this given as a reason for people refusing to buy things all my life. It comes down to priorities. Here's an example:

I'm planning a hunt in Africa, and have been saving for the last six or seven years. All my buddies at work, tell me how lucky I am, and that they could never afford to go. These same guys drive 30 or 40K rigs, maybe even more, I don't, I drive a 96 ranger with 140K on it. Some of their cable TV bills are almost $100.00 a month, I don't have cable or any other pay TV, never understood someone paying for TV. They take expensive vacations, have boats, you see where I'm going with this. I have been saving a few bucks every week, I've worked second jobs for many years. If you really want something, you can figure out a way to get it. I look at it like this: If you can't afford to put away 10 or 20 bucks a week on your hobby, then you have no business having a hobby. You should be spending all your resources taking care of your family. But hey, that's just me.

Regards
Joe