Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Rage_A_Holic

Post by Rage_A_Holic »

thank you all so much.

This forum is unbelieveable!
xeon

Post by xeon »

Oh and seriously, I wouldnt think twice about using a Vixen on Moose. Its still almost as powerful as the others, but its not as pretty. I personaly have a Pheniox and it works wonders on targets this time of year. I also forgot to mention in my earlyer post that if your not going to go hunting till fall, and just go with targets for the spring and summer, no need to worry about the hunter education course at the moment. You can still shoot targets withought it.
Rage_A_Holic

Post by Rage_A_Holic »

I will, thank you.

anyone know if there is a charge to get into Seton Park?
Any comfirmation weither crossbows are allowed?
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I recently went through the same dilemma, I always wish I had bought something bigger, the next size up. In this instance I bought the Exocet, and have not regretted it for one second.
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

I will try to give you a short checklist to help you decide.

The lower the draw weight the shorter the rail, gives you less weight to carry and will be a little better balanced for off hand shooting.

The higher the draw weight the longer the rail, disadvantages of course then would be a little heavier and front heavy. Advantages basically are speed, which gives you a flatter trajectory, less wind effect, and very slight advantage with range reference string jump/duck.

Although I am not an experienced big game hunter, whitetail's only I would agree that any excal hunting xbow will kill any animal in North America. I have a vixen, emag, and have shot the emag with a forward riser, (read emax), and the noise to me seems about the same on all models, although I should add I am shooting the vixen with no dissipater bar.

Besides that to me they are the same xbows. My recommendation for whitetail would be the vixen.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I have the Exomax and love it. I have had no issues with the cocking or the weight . . .however, I am in very good shape. I shoot it a lot. I had some issues with the string breaking, but, eliminated that issue and the guys at Excalibur will go overboard to help with any issue associated with one of their bows.

Regardless of the bow you choose . . .you will love the way an Excalibur shoots. Enjoy.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
hawg hunter

choice of exbow

Post by hawg hunter »

sounds like you have made your choice. i'm not the smallest fellow in the world and i bought the biggest and fastest. i soon learned that all of that speed just ended cost money, strings ,bolts, and wear and tear on your bow. time has taught me quite a lesson, i now shoot a 175# Exocet and my wife has a Phoenix. both of these bows will kill anything in north america and most of africa.