Pop Up Blinds and Crossbows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BigBird-VA

Post by BigBird-VA »

I've taken a few animals from a Double Bull blind and all shot through the mesh. For places where I can easily set it up I use one of those folding camo chairs. Other places where distance and the added weight is a problem or I have to haul it in or out same day I use a Roll-A-Chair or other lighter folding chair. I also bought the Wild Thing backpack. Carries the blind, chair and all your gear really well. The pack has a pocket thats made for the cam and limb of a compound to pack it too. I took the stirrup from my crossbow and put it in the pocket and used the strap to hold the stock or rail and it carries a xbow fine. Puts the wide part at your hips and it's really easy to walk with it.
Bucktail

Ground blinds

Post by Bucktail »

I use the Double Bull T5 and T2. T5 big and roomy enough for too.

The T2 is a one person with crossbow.

Both are easy to put up, have shoot thru mesh windows, and do not flap around in the wind. No glare from the fabric and the colors stay true. No PINK noisy blinds.

Bucktail
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

I've had my eye on the Wild Thing pack, BigBird. I have a pretty long, intense walk to get setup for turkeys in the spring and that sounds like just the ticket. Thanks for the review.
BigBird-VA

Post by BigBird-VA »

Corvus wrote:I've had my eye on the Wild Thing pack, BigBird. I have a pretty long, intense walk to get setup for turkeys in the spring and that sounds like just the ticket. Thanks for the review.
You'll love it. And if you have roads, fields, or easy walking woods and you put the xbow on the pack you'll like it even more. Nothing beats hands free going in/out.
BigBear

Post by BigBear »

mtbyak wrote:I have the Hunters View Wigwam (5X5) & find it very comfortable with my Xbow.

I use a lawn chair without armrests in it & love it.

In the coulder weather I use one of those folding stadium seat cushions on the chair & can sit all day in the tent quite comfortably.

Shoot Straight
Kirk
I use the same setup too....works just great 8) ...BB
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
125gr Slick Trick broadheads